setup help

rollsroyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
philippines
Hello all ,can you help. I am moving over to the Philippines this year with my family.
Could anyone advise if I could receive UK tv and If so the system I will require .
would It be wise for me to take a decent receiver/lnb with me from UK ? .I will try and have a bash at setting this up myself so anything on this subject would be appreciated. many thanks

Regards

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Leave the satellite kit here in the UK. Its of absolutely no use you you whatsoever as there in no chance at all of receiving uk tv out there.

I suggest you learn Tagalog quickly!!

stuzeeuk

Dont eat yellow snow
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 88, mulitblock
13E, 19E, 28E
DM 800HD
My Location
Glasgow, Scotland
Yeah leave your equipment in the house.......

There are a few of packages in the Phillipines that show English language TV, but not much from the UK. It is motly American cp. I cant even see BBC Prime !

Anyway you can check for yourself

http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/asia.html
(click dream satellite TV)

rollsroyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
philippines
Thanks all .. Recently came back from makati the tv is total crp .My ph wife loves the tv here even the adverts .... ph adverts so you want to walk tall take these pills for 2 weeks and you will grow 6 inches ..WHAT..!! :-rofl2 So thats it Guys decisions do We live on a tropical Island in peace with low prices and loads of fishing .. or stay here so I can keep up with cori hmm Sad man aint I.:confused

Regards John

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you have a friend in the UK with a good broadband connection and a broadband connection in the Philippines, then you can use a Slingbox to watch all of the UK freeview channels out there on your computer.