Setup problems please help???

dhracer1000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
York
Hi,

I've just been trying to set up a Technomate tm-1500 ci+ receiver with an existing sky digital 43cm dish and i think Cambridge single LNB. In set up mode on 28.2E i'm getting the following readings
Level 21-25% and Quality fluctuating between 3 and 8%.

I've checked the cable at the receiver end and the cable seems fine.

The dish was already installed when i moved into the house so i'm unsure if there are any problems with.

Has anyone got any ideas on what i should try first?

Would cleaning the LNB make any difference?

Thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Unfortunately it could be a faulty LNb, faulty cable, dish out of alignment, has your receiver been checked as working on another dish?

dhracer1000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
York
the lnb looks old and weather beaten, i haven't checked the receiver yet, do you think thats the best place to start?

Are LNB's easy to fit or am i better paying someone to fit a new one?

thanks

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You may be better served by trying to adjust the dish first, have you got a portable TV you can watch while you do it?

If you are close to the satellite alignment wise, slightly tilting the dish sideways and up and down should show a signal and quality improvement.

dhracer1000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
York
yeah, thats not a bad idea. I could use a portable tv and if i don't use a portable i can probably see the main tv through the window.

I'll probably give it a go on sat.

Could it be any of the settings on the receiver?

I'm a total novice to this and it seems like it isn't as straight forward as it all seemed before i bought the receiver....... :-(

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
The default settings on most receivers are for a Universal LNB, so if you have set it to Astra 28.2, that should be all you need to do. You can also make sure that it is set to an active transponder, 11778 V is a good one, it is the default transponder.