SV-THEME X-18           1.13       1.3
SV-THEME X-PEEP         1.74       1.14
SV-THEME X-BIZARRE      1.18       1.04
SV-THEME X-INTER        1.24       1.16
SV-THEME X-TRANSX       0.87       1.26

leecovuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Duo; 2 dishes; Astra1+2 and Hotbird, Hispasat; external DiSEqC switch.
My Location
Midlands, UK
elmin said:
Theme X picture quality now better.
Some of those figures seem to show a decrease whilst others show an increase. Presumably any channel's bit rate can change from one moment to the next, within the overall available/bought bandwidth for the channel group? If so, I don't know if those readings only report one moment in time rather than anything consistent.

My card expired yesterday, but the channels indeed seemed to be maintaining their quality from a week or so ago. ie nothing fantastic but watchable.

elmin

Reaction score
Lee,

Yes, just the bitrate at the instant of measurement, but if you total them all up, there is a net increase across the 8 channels.

9.86Mbit on 21 Dec 09, but only 8.58Mbit on 09 Dec 09.

They seem to have 'borrowed' this from the two FTA ad channels, which are listed as having very low bitrates. Why they have two ad channels when they are so cheeseparing with bitrate, I have no clue. Why not just kill 1 ad channel completely ? Showing a blocky ad channel isn't going to help advertise to new customers, either. Crazy.

I notice their repeat schedule has altered, too. A film will be repeated over 2 days now where it was previously only shown over 1.

Just shout if you want me to answer any questions about content changing in style. There still seems to be the same proportion of anonymous US Gonzo , although there were two new-ish-looking Purzel movies on yesterday.

leecovuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Midlands, UK
Thanks Elmin,

It's a a shame though, however as expected, that the small bit rate increase doesn't live up to the enthusiastic claims on the promotional channel.

I decided to renew anyway, seeing as having watchable multichannel mature content on the TV is arguably more 'convenient' than turning on the pc and using a streaming site or something like that.

Whilst I can afford it, I also decided to add the Elite Fusion 6 Channel card. I previously had an InxWorld card so am loosely familiar with the channels, but my uncertainties about the largely unknown (to me) Satisfaction package ruled that out as an option.

I bought both cards on Saturday from this forum's sponsor. Both didn't state a stock issue so no doubt I can have faith that a delivery will appear at my door very soon.

leecovuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Midlands, UK
I got my 2 new cards today; both nicely labelled too. Thanks Mr Viewtech, for the prompt and good service, if you're still watching this topic.

At what point should I stop watching this stuff and actually do some of it?
Nah ... that needs effort and energy doesn't it.
And so dawns another 12 months of mature content action.

cat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Force D-Masterb1188S
1m dish
Multiple Sky boxes
80 cm dish
Echomaster/2x Nokia MediaMaster
1.2 m steerable dish
My Location
UK
elmin said:
Hi cat,

does this happen on the FTA channels called FREE THEME-X-INFO- or THEME X-FTA-INFO too, or just the scrambled ones ?

Well it’s kinda hard to tell but the ‘no access no card’ banner keeps coming up on them even though they are (presumably) unencrypted.
:-sball

viewtech-digital

Supporting Advertiser
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield TF5000CIP, MVision MV9085 USB NET, Cube Revo HD Twin Tuner , SKY+ HD
My Location
UK
leecovuk said:
I got my 2 new cards today; both nicely labelled too. Thanks Mr Viewtech, for the prompt and good service, if you're still watching this topic.

At what point should I stop watching this stuff and actually do some of it?
Nah ... that needs effort and energy doesn't it.
And so dawns another 12 months of mature content action.

Glad to be service, thank you for your business and kind comments.