Sexview issues since Friday 30th Oct?

themonk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM-6900
My Location
London
Hello,
Has anyone noticed problems with Sexview since last Friday (30th Oct '09)? Everything was working fine intil around 16:00 then all channels seems to go off, the message 'Channel Scrambled' came up, then about 30 mins later it all came back but this time the bitrate was reduced drastically, so much so that most of the channels are now unwatchable and much worse than VHS in LP! The blocks are so big you can build a house with them. What the hell is SV playing at??
I've emailed them a couple of times but have had no reply, not that I'm expecting one.
Anyone else had this experience?

Thanks.

peteng56

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5500dapci
My Location
south east
or should that be sh** view I have just got a sbscription and as you say the picture is rubbish I thought it was my system. But you have confirmed what I suspected and I can't get all the channels one missing.
And they have the cheek to say they have a &7 year celebration offer !!
:mad:

leecovuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Duo; 2 dishes; Astra1+2 and Hotbird, Hispasat; external DiSEqC switch.
My Location
Midlands, UK
Hello,

I'm having s_x View problems too; I have an official viewing card. My subscription shortly expires, but I'm not going to renew.

Are the problems you guys are seeing :
Channels sometimes don't unscramble until you turn the receiver to standby then on again;
Channels are slow to clear, often sitting on a freeze frame for about 5 seconds before clearing;
Even worse picture quality sometimes than usual.

?

I was wondering if my receiver/dish/LNBs are faulty.

Thanks,
Lee
UK

elmin

Reaction score
yup, I have similar problems.

I have Viaccess 12+

Channels now take ages to clear.

I hear the audio immediately, but it can take up to 2-3 minutes for the video to clear. While that's happening, my box intermittently flashes the onscreen message 'service not running or scrambled' every 2-3 seconds.

This happened in 2 stages.

They were dicking around with the bitrate and, at about the same time as they reduced the bitrate to make way for the two new SoS channels on that transponder, they also messed up the Viaccess data so that each channel took about 3 secs to clear (was about 1 sec before) and showed the 'service not running or scrambled' message once before clearing.

Then they did some more dicking around and ruined it completely.

'dicking around' is obviously meant to be interpreted as 'reasonable temporary service alterations by competent broadcast professionals'

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
elmin said:

I have Viaccess 12+

Channels now take ages to clear.

I hear the audio immediately, but it can take up to 2-3 minutes for the video to clear. While that's happening, my box intermittently flashes the onscreen message 'service not running or scrambled' every 2-3 seconds.

This happened in 2 stages.

They were dicking around with the bitrate and, at about the same time as they reduced the bitrate to make way for the two new SoS channels on that transponder, they also messed up the Viaccess data so that each channel took about 3 secs to clear (was about 1 sec before) and showed the 'service not running or scrambled' message once before clearing.

Then they did some more dicking around and ruined it completely.

'dicking around' is obviously meant to be interpreted as 'reasonable temporary service alterations by competent broadcast professionals'
I thought that dicking around was what you were after when you subscribed to SV?

leecovuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Midlands, UK
elmin said:

I have Viaccess 12+

Thanks Elmin.
I think my card is also the Viaccess 12+.
Of course, '12+' actually means '11 channels of content which may or may not be consistently on air or reasonably viewable'.

Does anybody reading this have an MCT card for Hotbird, or whatever it is called these days? How is reliability and picture quality on that? If it is along the lines of how SexView was until recently, I'd be reasonably content with that.

Lee

Oakey22

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Penta 85cm, Quad LND, DM8000,Nabilosat Blackhole v11.
My Location
Staffordshire
i thought it was just me, had 70% signal and thought my lnb must have been broke.

A nonymous

Reaction score
Your better off with a Free-X or Dorcel card, at least the picture is watchable Humping

elmin

Reaction score
a week on and they still haven't fixed it. Noticed that _www.sexview.net and _www.sexonsat.com are the same address, btw ? 213.165.90.30

leecovuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Midlands, UK
nanochickin said:
Your better off with a Free-X or Dorcel card, at least the picture is watchable Humping
Are you answering my query about MCT? Or are you referring to SexView?

I had a Free-X/Dorcel card before with 5 channels I think it was, and it was ok.
I'm thinking about MCT because it seems they have a reasonably sized package, but I first need to find out how reliable and watchable it is.
I'll probably try a new specific topic.

cat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Force D-Masterb1188S
1m dish
Multiple Sky boxes
80 cm dish
Echomaster/2x Nokia MediaMaster
1.2 m steerable dish
My Location
UK
This is getting very annoying. I even bought a modern Viaccess Cam in the hopes it was the problem. But it made little difference. SV does not respond at all to emails.

The picture has been just dreadful for almost a month now with breakup and blocky juddery pictures. Occasionally it even locks up my receiver.

What’s to be done? Has anyone got a better email address than from the website which they ignore?

elmin

Reaction score
cat said:
What’s to be done? Has anyone got a better email address than from the website which they ignore?

Have you tried talking to the people responsible for SexView at Turbosat ? They are the UK distributor.

Jumpstart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish
My Location
North East
Wow, s_x View still going?

I subscribed to it once in a fit of madness. Actually, it wasn't madness, I was drunk. I soon regretted it. The mature content was so old, the young ladies in the films must be about 70 by now. :D

elmin

Reaction score
Jumpstart said:
The mature content was so old, the young ladies in the films must be about 70 by now. :D

They have a retro theme occasionally - movies from the 70s and 80s. Most of the stuff is 90s or early 00s afaics. When were you subscribing ? I've subscribed on and off for years and have never seen them broadcast movies from the 1950s or 60s !!!
attachment.php

elmin

Reaction score
cat said:
The picture has been just dreadful for almost a month now with breakup and blocky juddery pictures. Occasionally it even locks up my receiver.

Hi cat,

I just re-read your post a little more carefully. I'm not seeing any 'breakup' or 'juddering'. Perhaps you do have a faulty dish/lnb on top of the current SV 12+ Viaccess problems ? Have you checked the signal strength and quality bars on your receiver to make sure you have an adequate signal ?

My problem is that the channels take ages to clear. Yes, they are also usually blocky because they are running at a very low bitrate ( see satcodx.com for the actual numbers) as of October-ish, but they don't break up or judder once the channel has cleared.

Jumpstart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish
My Location
North East
elmin said:
They have a retro theme occasionally - movies from the 70s and 80s. Most of the stuff is 90s or early 00s afaics. When were you subscribing ? I've subscribed on and off for years and have never seen them broadcast movies from the 1950s or 60s !!!
attachment.php

Yeah, the old days when there was A LOT of hair around. And not just on the head!:-rofl2 :D

leecovuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Midlands, UK
My viewing experience is as per Elmin's description.
ie often slow to clear and very blocky pictures. The blockiness is so bad it actually looks sometimes like intentional pixellation to censor some detail ... but it isn't.
Without exaggeration, the channels are currently barely watchable when there is any significant movement in the picture, or on adjacent channels' pictures thus 'stealing' the bit rate from the one you're watching.
As I said earlier, I certainly will not renew my subscription in a month's time.

viewtech-digital

Supporting Advertiser
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield TF5000CIP, MVision MV9085 USB NET, Cube Revo HD Twin Tuner , SKY+ HD
My Location
UK
Apparantly all will be back to normal by 14th December.

elmin

Reaction score
I noticed that one channel in the SV 12+ package isn't run by the same operator as the others. The mature content/Bi/Trans channel is listed at SatcoDX as being run by 'Scopus' (scopus.net), not 'MuxTV' (muxtv.com) - an entirely different satellite playout company.

I'd deleted the GBT channel and forgotten about it, so I've just scanned it in again to see if it has the same Viaccess problem as the other 'MuxTV' channels. Guess what - it clears immediately, like it should.

Conclusion - it's only the MuxTV channels that have the screwed Viaccess data.

If you want to test your config to see if you have LNB problems, try just that channel - my guess is that it should still work if your LNB is OK.

leecovuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Midlands, UK
viewtech-digital said:
Apparantly all will be back to normal by 14th December.
With respect, I'll believe that when I see it, and then it must persist.
:)