SF Team - New image released

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
SF Team IMG V109b_0702 Beta Release

+ Linux version 2.6.9 (ghost*Client) (gcc version 3.4.3)
+ new Bedienung
+ Enigma CVS z 07.02.2005
+ Front processor firmware 1.04
+ Web Interface:2.7.3.1

Pluginy v pamti flash:
+ Drtic 2.0
+ TuxTxt 1.83
+ Tux Commander 1.7
+ Weather, pocasi

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi gameboy,

Ah! Thought they would be about soon (once I saw the DMM 1.09 beta was out).
I assume we will need to upgrade our multiboot base image to the DMM109 beta as we did when the 'modified' 108 images came out.
Also if I replace my 108.2-1 flash image, will my Zeus/Poseidon & Gemini (108 series) images still work?
When I upgraded to 108.2-1 in flash I had to abandon 107 images (or at least the ones I tried) as I was unable to telnet to them (so FlashWizard did not work properly with them).

Ah well! A whole new load of problems to resolve..... no sorry.... improvement opportunities!!

73 & happy dreaming.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
I take it you were refering to a 7000 image??

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
T_G said:
I take it you were refering to a 7000 image??

Yes, only 7000 - for now

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
SF 1.09 is based on the same Linux kernel v.2.6.9 as many of the 1.08.2 images, so may be O.K.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
BGonaSTICK said:
SF 1.09 is based on the same Linux kernel v.2.6.9 as many of the 1.08.2 images, so may be O.K.

ok for what? 5620?

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
T_G said:
ok for what? 5620?

Sorry no, I think is reference to the question by td03-5

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi all,

Decided to take the Dreambox by the flash memories (or something like that) and install the DMM 1.09 beta in flash memory on my 7000 using new FlashWizard 5.0.
All OK! Once FW5.0 had put the multiboot loader back on, all my images in USB are there and those I have tried boot and work as before.
There was something a bit strange when I booted a multiboot image for the first time. It came up on a particular channel, I selected a different one and it seemed to freeze, LCD went blank, screen went blank. While I was thinking about which method to use to reboot it the original channel returned. I tried channel change and all worked normally. Did lots of channel change on that image (Gemini 105) then rebooted to Poseidon. That also works OK, with noticeably faster channel change than Gemini (haven't really noticed that previously)!

Looks like it all works OK.
As it boots to a new image LCD shows 1.09 then changes to 1.08 as the multiboot image comes up.

May try the new SF image tomorrow.

73 & good luck.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
gameboy said:
Sorry no, I think is reference to the question by td03-5

Yeah, sorry folks. Bit slow today.

With multiboot, the Linux kernal is booted from flash, and then the rest of the image is loaded from USB/HDD etc. so if the two versions of Linux are different (flash V USB etc.) then you can only expect a kick in the teeth.

Not saying it won't work, just that you can't really expect it to. I've not been daft enuf to try it... O-no

If they're the same however, you've at least got a reasonable chance.

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi Gameboy,

Sorry, your post was just before mine not after.

To confirm what I posted before.
With DMM 1.09 beta in DM7000S flash all my 1.08 images still work OK.
The 'funny' I mention occuring the first time I booted Gemini 105 happens every time I boot Gemini 105 but I have not noticed it with Poseidon nor DBF Revolutions 3.1 (a 1.09 image).
I added the CamX 10.02.05 emu to Poseidon after the change of flash image and Poseidon became very unstable. It wasn't as stable as zeus before this using newcamd5.28 or scam2.5 but it was then much worse. I'm not sure if it's totally CamX causing the problem or if the 1.09 flash image plays any part in it being so unstable?

Have installed the 1.09 SF image in USB multiboot but it's empty. Unless I've missed something there is no internet download of anything. So all emu installation must be done manually. K*ys are a doddle but emus always give me problems even when I'm just updating them so a full installation......mmmmm!
So I've now installed DBF Revolutions 3.1 (a 1.09 image) in USB. It seems a nice image, similar in some ways to the Gemini images, but using it's own menu structure (to confuse you). Things are not where you might expect them to be from Hydra & Gemini images but once you've found them all the downloads are there. Seems stable so far but have not done much with it yet.

So there you have it DMM 1.09 is out and working!!

73 & happy 109ing!!

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
Thanks td03-5

I may (have had so many problems before) try it.

If it ain't broke - don't fix it.

What does the new version add - if anything?

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi Gameboy,

Other than the ability to install 1.09 based multiboot images, I don't know. You get new front processor software 1.04!!

Funny thing about the SF 1.09 image, if you look in the Enigma about page it says it's 1.08!!!!!
DBF Revolutions 3.1 says 1.09.

With the 'funny' on Gemini image I would suggest not bothering until you want to install a 1.09 hacked image in multiboot. At which point you will have to install it, I think. Despite what 'stick said the instructions on the download sites where I've got the 1.09 images is that 1.09 image must be in DB flash for multiboot use!

73 & happy dreaming.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
Do you think this is a half-way-house for the 7020 images?

Wonder if they will work on the 7000 series - the difference may be just the additional hardware?

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
I don't know. The 56xx series have common images but they probably have almost identical hardware.

By the way, a thing I like greatly about the Poseidon image is the audio (language) priority setting.
With other images if I use autosatxml to update my satellites.xml file and do a rescan. I then find all channels have reverted to the default audio language channel. With Poseidon I now set English as priority 1 (then Dutch, German, French just for the sake of it!). If I now do a rescan, all channels that have English as an option will come up with that as the default, great! No more going through the favourites lists and resetting the sound to English.

73 & happy dreaming.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
td03-5 said:
With Poseidon I now set English as priority 1

Did that myself, all the multi-audio channels (Euronews etc) now start with English - superb.

You have to take your hat off to the Hydra boys - think they will continue to support the 7000s for a long time yet.... I hope!

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi All,

Just to say that 1.09 images in multiboot with 1.08.2 in flash memory does not work. Spartan has tried it and had sluggish operation and crash, crash, crash.

73 & happy dreaming.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Right, going back into 'stick-in-the-mud/bury-head-in-sand/resistance-to-change' mode for a bit then, until all the big guns produce really stable 1.09's.

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi sticky,

You don't have to wait. As I've said, I've got 1.09 beta in flash and all my 108's work OK. There is a slight funny when Gemini 105 boots, as I've described previously, but it's no major problem. I'm also running DBF Revolutions 3.1 (109 image) which has all the download goodies and is 'similarish' to Gemini. Hydra 108 Poseidon in USB certainly works fine with 109 in flash.

You can use FW5.0 to put 109 in flash and all your USB/HDD images remain intact. After flash install with FW just select 'install firmware to multiboot' and let FW add the multiboot manager to the DB. All images then selectable as before!

73 & happy dreaming.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
LOL - it's nice to play, but there are just too many betas there for me, and no real advantage. Given a carrot, I'll jump. No orange pointy vegetables, no sale.

:D :D :D