SG-2100 Insanity and difficulties

K

kalamar

If your SG-2100 motor goes insane, works,moves dish looks ok........BUT wont stop on any satellites properly ,check the mounting lug nuts up above the coax screw on connectors, just wiggle the coax jacks on the motor and see if they move,if so tighten them and realign center and it will stop where it is supposed to stop again. Worked for me !

K

kalamar

So with nothing to do,I went outside and took a couple pics of my 110 Triax.
Sure is good beer !

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Samual Adams? Haven't tried it Kalamar, where's it made?

K

kalamar

Its made in the USA ,seen it on tv so much (hic) that I had to check it (hic) out.and it is very good beer. Made by the Boston beer company (says on "hic" bottle) its a dark type full flavor beer. mmmmmmmm mmmmmm good. % hic %

K

kalamar

Here is the next job I must do today (hic)

Extra (hic) picture in case someone else wants some too (hic)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, if I hadn't just eaten a chicken Kiev and wasn't on my eighth can of Carlsberg, I'd be over there like a shot. :)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Here's the SG-2100 I put up on Friday, with a Raven Gemini 70cm, nice compact little system. :)

The second picture is the Raven Gemini with two offset sats 13E, 19.2E and 28.2E.

K

kalamar

rolfw said:
Here's the SG-1200 I put up on Friday, with a Raven Gemini 70cm, nice compact little system. :)
good lookin system rolfw 76cm are about as good as any ,I use the motor on the 76 most of the time, When sig = 50+ you dont need anything bigger the digital pix wont care at all as long as the quality is up there.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I'm using a lot of them at the moment, reasonable price, great for a 15 degree spread (in fixed mode), very light to move for the DiseqC motor installation and the customer likes them, they don't stick out like a sore thumb. :)

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
LOL, I love this thread.

You have both lost the plot!

Nice wings...!

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
BGonaSTICK said:
LOL, I love this thread.

You have both lost the plot!

Nice wings...!

You are assuming that either of us had the plot to start off with. :D

K

kalamar

The Chickens GONE ! so I took some more pictures, NOW the damn batteries are gone in the camera too so this will be all folks (hic hic) whatta day !
it was fun thou.
(hic)

thems 27" tvs not 27' tvs, you knew that didnt you ?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Carlsberg and Single Malt. :)

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
kalamar said:
The Chickens GONE ! so I took some more pictures, NOW the damn batteries are gone in the camera too so this will be all folks (hic hic) whatta day !
it was fun thou.
(hic)

thems 27" tvs not 27' tvs, you knew that didnt you ?
I tell you, if I ever catch the bloke that wrote all over your wall and floor, I'll give him a good kickin' for you!

attachment.php

Spooky

Lost In Space!
Reaction score
Website
www.wewantyoursoul.com
My Location
SOUTHAMPTON
rolfw said:
Here's the SG-2100 I put up on Friday, with a Raven Gemini 70cm, nice compact little system. :)

The second picture is the Raven Gemini with two offset sats 13E, 19.2E and 28.2E.
Rolfw

I have just read through this thread and noticed a picture of one of the dishes that you installed. The second picture (the one with the two offset sats) shows the very same wall bracket that have just purchased.

Can you tell me exactly how you go about fixing that type of bracket i.e. do you bolt through to the block on the other side of the cavity or did you just screw the bracket to the brickwork?

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but I’m a stupid person and I don’t want to bring down half the house as I am worried because my bracket looks like it will have a fair load on that back-plate!