AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
Hi friends ..
I've finally brought my old sg2100 down from its mount with the intention of relocating it to service the missing section of arc from 36E to 70 East ..
However ...now that I have it ground level I figured I'd try and unlock the mystery of why it cannot get past 60 East
I've taken off the motor stock and pushed the hardware limit switched to maximum ...
I then connected it up to my HDCI2000 and tried to move to 65 degrees East (running in usals mode ) ...
The motor refuses to budge ...and the receiver reports that the intended target is outside the motors range of movement.
If I switch to diseqc mode ...I then have access to manual East West movement ...and can rotate the motor all the way to the hardware limit which is at 72 deg East or West ...
Its as though A software limit is intervening to prevent what Im trying to do ...and that this can only be achieved in diseqc mode ..
I've tried ajusting the software limits through the receiver ..but my attempts to store new limits are ignored by the motor..
..and once I'm back in usals mode the motor again refuses to move past 60 degrees ..
Is this so called software limit 'hard wired' into the motors programming ...or is it just me being to stupid to figure out whats going on ?
Obviously I dont want to remount this motor on a pole out of reach until I've sussed the problem ..
Can anyone help ?
rgds
VS

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Usals software preventing movement past 60 degs.

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
satelliteman said:
Usals software preventing movement past 60 degs.

Thanks for the reply m8..

I assume you mean the software within the receiver ...and not the software in the motors micro ?

If thats the case presumably a different receiver would have different limit parameters ?
rgds
VS