Sheikh becomes the first Qatari to drive an F1 car

The Feedster

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hot from F1.com

On Thursday His Highness Sheikh Khalid bin Hamad Al-Thani became the first Qatari to drive a Formula One car when he took to the 5.3-kilometre Losail International Circuit in a Williams FW31. His Highness, who is the owner of the Al-Anabi Group of Drag Racing Teams in the US and the Middle East, completed five laps of the Qatar track.?The Williams FW31 is a remarkable vehicle, unlike any other race car I've ever driven,? he said after his run. ?Being the first Qatarian to drive a Formula One car was an amazing experience I will not forget. I am proud that I was able to experience this honour at home in the State of Qatar.?

More...

The Feedster

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hot from F1.com

On Thursday His Highness Sheikh Khalid bin Hamad Al-Thani became the first Qatari to drive a Formula One car when he took to the 5.3-kilometre Losail International Circuit in a Williams FW31. His Highness, who is the owner of the Al-Anabi Group of Drag Racing Teams in the US and the Middle East, completed five laps of the Qatar track.?The Williams FW31 is a remarkable vehicle, unlike any other race car I've ever driven,? he said after his run. ?Being the first Qatarian to drive a Formula One car was an amazing experience I will not forget. I am proud that I was able to experience this honour at home in the State of Qatar.?

More...