Raj Hussain

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite dish - Dreambox 800HD Se, Ethernet connection
My Location
Manchester
Dear fellow forum members,

Hi,

I'll try to keep it brief, I'm new to this forum and have just recently bought a Dreambox DM800 HD SE. Ok now the bad bits!!

When I first turned on the box it froze and on the TV screen it showed an image with Sim2 and other writing. however when pressing any of the buttons on the remote it would not function at all. At this point the Dreambox screen showed the time with an unfilled bar above it.

This is after the yellow bar going across the Dreambox on start up.

Second start up it worked fine and I tried to connect through Wireless (As far as I now it connected), however wile the sky dish was connected it would not find any channels. (after a few attempts still with no success) I checked the internet and found some random guides on how to manually set the dish setting etc. Once I played around with this with still no success I gave up and turned off the box.

Once I turned on the box again to give it another go it now always shows the time with the bar above it on the Dreambox and it will not function to any of the remote commands.

Does anybody know what is the problem is here?

Thank you

hairybadger

Bricoleur
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
near Geneva, Haute-Savoie, France
raj_90 said:
Once I turned on the box again to give it another go it now always shows the time with the bar above it on the Dreambox and it will not function to any of the remote commands.
batteries?

Raj Hussain

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Manchester
hairybadger said:
batteries?
The batteries are new and in place correctly. Is this not a common issue?

A nonymous

Reaction score
Corrupt image i would say or the box is stuffed. You need to try and flash a new image to it.

Nano

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
try another image to the flash otherwise you might have to jtag the receiver.

If you can still do that to fix broken dream boxes.

Raj Hussain

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Manchester
nano said:
Corrupt image i would say or the box is stuffed. You need to try and flash a new image to it.

Nano
The person I bought this from through PayPal is not willing to give me a refund now. So I'm now £165 down with no working box. Is there any step-by-step guides/links/tutorials to how I can flash the box myself with a new image.

Hopefully the box is not stuffed :/

It looks like I will have to open a dispute with the guy over PayPal.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Have a look at the distance selling regulations. They may cover you in this case.