Showtime/ADDUniverse card on DB7020?

dirkster

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020, 1.3m dish on Hotbirds.
My Location
Kuwait
I have a combined card from Showtime/ADDUniverse that runs in a Dealer provided UEC receiver from a dish pointed at Nilesat. I'm wondering what would be involved is hooking the Nilesat feed into a DiSEqC and running the card through my Dreambox 7020 running Gemini 2.70.

From what I've read in the forums on other (SKY) cards all I need to do is hook up the antenna have cardserver running (first issue) then I will likely have to edit a file to enter some number from my UEC receiver so the dreambox and pretend to be that box (second issue).

On the first issue is cardserver a Nemcamd only file? Currently I only have scam2.5 and camd3 running on my image. I haven't really found scam useful and will delete that as soon as I find out how to do that. I know I saw a remove program (files) menu option somewhere but haven't gone back looking for it.

As for the second issue does anyone know if any editing is required for this particular card? I won't be suprised it I get responses of "I don't know that card" but any theories are welcome. If editing is required as I recall it was a config or cfg file (cardserver maybe?) that needed editing but if anyone know and cares to save me several hours of searching through previous posts I would appreciate it.

*edit* I found the S*Y config edit about 8 posts down from this one but am still wondering if the same steps will work. If it doesn't work I hope if won't damage anything if (okay when) I try it.

Many thanks for any direction.

dirkster

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020, 1.3m dish on Hotbirds.
My Location
Kuwait
Well it appears that the Sky setup directions work perfectly for the Showtime/ADDUniverse card on Nilesat. I made the edits 4 days ago after I received no replies/thoughts on the subject here. I don't know how often updates are sent to the card but so far so good. They only questionable item was that my box had a 11 digit number on a sticker on the back of the box that began with a 0 so I just left off the 0 and just entered the other 10 numbers. If it suddenly stops working I suppose I cen reedit and add the 0 and see if that solves the issue or just hook up the UEC box until the card updates and then switch it back to the dreambox.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500S
Dreambox 800 HD
My Location
malta
Im thinking of buying a showtime card off ebay its about 270 pounds for family package. Is it worth it?