Shrinking world of us men with "black eye patches"

With the demise of Palco to Mediaguard2 our little world is ever shrinking, soon Hex's, Goldies, Elvis and all that will be but a memory, a time of Sat TV heaven, where we got what ever we wanted, like the proverbial child being let loose in the candy store. Happy times probably gone for ever - barring a miracle. This will only drive up the cost subscription TV, in other words the providers will have the attitude "if you want it, pay for it" - Crap and all; sub packages are packed out with crap which you have to buy to get a shot at purchasing the programmes you really want. I think I will get my stamp collection out!

lee32uk

My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester
>With the demise of Palco to Mediaguard2 our little world is
>ever shrinking, soon Hex's, Goldies, Elvis and all that will
>be but a memory, a time of Sat TV heaven, where we got what
>ever we wanted, like the proverbial child being let loose in
>the candy store. Happy times probably gone for ever -
>barring a miracle. This will only drive up the cost
>subscription TV, in other words the providers will have the
>attitude "if you want it, pay for it" - Crap and all; sub
>packages are packed out with crap which you have to buy to
>get a shot at purchasing the programmes you really want.

This is true for the moment....but dont throw your elvis away just yet.There is already a Brute Force attempt on Viaccess 2 taking place (See Viaccess Section for details) and i am sure that eventually seca2 will follow suit.There is already talk of a Seca2 hack (not sure how true it is).It may take some time before we have the channels back but im sure it will happen.
Lee

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi S1mply, moved this thread over to here, as it was probably more appropriate.

I also would not advise throwimg your Elvis away, something will break in time, we just might have to be a little harder working to achieve the results.

Rolf