shrinkproblem

kuti

Reaction score
I have started recording fromy sky 2 ard,i was all ok for videos less than one hour but when I recorded two hour fim te software Iam useing(ulead dvd moviefact. which came with my dvd wrieter}it asked to shrink the vidie.I instaled the dd shrinker but I have a problm to open the folders or files it give a message something like no ts support and others which I can no understand yet,can someone guide me how to shrink video for buning.
Thank you
kuti

Slay3r

Reaction score
Give this a try.

Download "VideoReDo" and "Vidomi" run it through VideoReDo first them compress it with Vidomi.

Hope this helps you.

Slay3r

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
What's your experience of VideoReDo?

I'm hearing a few things about this piece of software, and I'm liking most of them!

How do you find it? Does it actually burn compliant mpeg2 straight to DVD like it claims?

Thanks,

STICK

Slay3r

Reaction score
Hi BGonaSTICK

Very neat program for editing.
It does not burn direct to DVD, it is for editing removing "bad sectors, correcting audio" and making ready for burning. It is not a burning program.

Give it a try you will like it

Slay3r

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Slay3r said:
Hi BGonaSTICK

Very neat program for editing.
It does not burn direct to DVD, it is for editing removing "bad sectors, correcting audio" and making ready for burning. It is not a burning program.

Give it a try you will like it

Slay3r

OK, so no burning engine, but one of the customer quotes on their website says 'Creates compliant files that burn directly to DVD' - so is that correct? Can you actually burn the output files to DVD with no further faffing about? Are they flawless?

I'm just fed up with all the messing about. I want a simple no-nonsense one-program solution to clear my HDD of all these flippin' movies!

Cheers.

STICK

Old Geezer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Openbox V8S & TM5200D PVR Systems
My Location
Deepest South Wales
HiYa Stick,
I think I may have the answer to Your request for a SIMPLE solution for DVD converting ....and it has a built in writing function , (although I prefer to use N*ro).
It's called WinAVI Video Converter (I'm using V5.7) and i just record to the HDD using MT and then use WinAVI to create the VOBs etc.
It can convert files into Realmedia,DVD,WMV and AVI and there's also a few other tools in it as well.
It's the Swiss Army Knife of converters and I'm getting great results out of it.
You can get it from w*w.winavi.com.
Enjoy,
Cheers for now,
Old Geezer.

kuti

Reaction score
I visited the site and from what I have read it is a verey interesthing software I am going to dowload it and try it this evening and will pass the result to all who have the same problem like me in recording.
Thanks for the site.
kuti

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Thanks fellas, some interesting info on this thread. I've emailed the winavi people to see if you can also record .ts format DVB files to DVD as well.

I'll let you know if I get a response.

STICK

Slay3r

Reaction score
BGonaSTICK

Yes when you have run your file through VideoReDo it is ready for burning direct to DVD.

'Creates compliant files that burn directly to DVD'

Slay3r

kuti

Reaction score
I have tried winavi but when trying to convert mpegfiles it ask me to download mpeg/dvd codec,I done so and put file in the winavi directry,but still I could not convert files.My main problem regarding recording is when I have a two hour video to burn as I have to decompress same to fit the dvd disc,so if any one of you have a solution for this I will apreciate it,another thing is what other software I must put in the progdvb directry to enable me to record mp3 .
Thank you and good monning.
kuti

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
BGonaSTICK said:
Thanks fellas, some interesting info on this thread. I've emailed the winavi people to see if you can also record .ts format DVB files to DVD as well.

I'll let you know if I get a response.

STICK

This is a little ambiguous, as I can't get WMP10 to play my recorded .mpg files (or indeed my .ts files), but this is the response I received to the question 'Can it convert and burn .ts format files'...

My pleasure to help you.
And about your problem ,would you please make sure the source file can be perfectly played by windows media player.winavi can convert all the files can be correctly played by windows media player.
And you can choose preference in quality when you setting the convertion to satisfy your need.
If you have any other problems,please contact with me immediately.and thank you in advance for your attention.
yours
sincerely
Sandra
***WinAVI*** Just U.S.$ 29.95!
WinAVI Video Converter is an ALL-IN-ONE solution for video file converting
and burning!

So it won't help my Dreambox file problem, but I suppose you can't have everything. :)

Old Geezer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Openbox V8S & TM5200D PVR Systems
My Location
Deepest South Wales
Hi All,
Back again with some info that may be of use to You.

I upgraded to WMP9 , and have been unable to convert the recorded files until now.It used to play a few seconds of it and then just stop.
Earlier this evening I visited dvbsoft.net and downloaded the MPEG2 codecs (V2.02) and installed them.
Lo and behold I can now play the files in WMP9 (never had a problem playing in PowerDVD....strange).
As I could now play them , I tried converting them to Vob's etc. and succeeded.Then it's just a case of burning to DVD and I'm a happy camper !!

Kuti,
There is a program that lets You fit 2 films onto 1 DVD , not exactly what You're looking for , but it may be able to compress the recorded file to fit it on a DVD.
This is a link to a guide , hope it's of use.
http://www.thescrapyard.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/files/video/two%20movies%20on%20a%20single%20dvd%20using%20intervideo%20dvd%20copy%202.htm

Enjoy Yourselves,
Old Geezer.

kuti

Reaction score
Thanks for the information you suplied,Iwill look into it and let you know the result,I apreciat your kindness in helping me.

Thanks a lott
Regards
kuti