signal prob-nova tv in uk

cgblueman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hot bird 80cm dish, manhattan plaza xt-cm,nova tv subscription
My Location
huddersfield,west yorkshire,uk
I live in Huddersfield, W.Yorkshire and have just had an installation to get Greek TV. My set up is an 80cm Hotbird Dish, positioned 13degrees east, Manhattan Plaza XT-CM Receiver with built in Irdeto, and a Nova TV card. I keep having problems with the picture freezing, or total loss of a channel. One minute I have been watching a channel, next thing the screen the pic has gone, and it says on top of the screen, "scrambled/no audio/video". I have checked on the setup menu and my signal is shown at 64%, quality 89%? Is this a signal problem, and if so any ideas please on how to sort it!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum cgblueman

Well it will really be a process of elimination to sort this out. Presumably this this a fixed dish, if so what happens when you view an FTA channel, is the picture constant?
If so this suggests that it is a decryption problem, what version of Irdeto is the built in cam, it should be Irdeto II, are you sure the card is inserted all the way? Is the receiver new and has it been guaranteed to work on Nova?

cgblueman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hot bird 80cm dish, manhattan plaza xt-cm,nova tv subscription
My Location
huddersfield,west yorkshire,uk
Thanks for the reply. Yes it is a fixed dish, and when I view channels through hotbird the picture is fine.

I have looked in the manual, and I cannot specifically see whether or not it has irdeto II. The engineer who installed it said it would be okay with Nova, but I am not convinced!!! I have tried taking the card out and ensuring it is re-inserted fully, but it is still the same.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Presumably this is the model

Manhattan Plaza XT-CM Digital Receiver (XWSR/16)

Product Description...

The Manahattan Plaza XT-CM is packed full of features including a 6,000 channel memory, very fast blindscan search, two multi-crypt embedded card slots and one common interface slot. Working with a whole host of cards and encryption systems including Greek Nova Irdeto.

The brand new Plaza XT-CM features a blind scan mode, a 1-45,000 symbol rate range and full DiSEqC and USALS support and can be used as part of an SCR (Single Cable Router) system. Up to 11 favourite TV and radio lists can be created and channel data can be edited on a PC via the RS232 port. There's also a nine channel mosaic preview mode and a selection of games to play.Connections include LNB and UHF loopthroughs, two Scarts, a composite video output, stereo phonos and an SP/DIF audio output.

The modulator is adjustable 21-69. The technical specifications are too numerous to list in this description. Please call if you require a full spec.

If this is the one and the engineer installed it to allow you to watch Nova and you cannot do do then you are perfectly within your rights to contact him and get him to sort it.