• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Signal Quality not beyond 50%

My Satellite Setup
1.8m Prime focus fixed dish (Intel 906 C, NSS12 Ku), 90cms offset dish (Atlantic Bird 2) with Humax IR1020HD receiver.
My Location
Nairobi, Kenya.
Hi,
I have been trying to align my dish to Intelsat 902 for SABC channels, but the signal quality does not exeed 50 %. Tried to change the wire and the LNB but still the same.

I am in Nairobi, Kenya.

karism

My Satellite Setup
Metabox 3 ; DM500s
0.6m Elsat Lnb Ku-band
1.0m.Dual KU Band LNB
3.1m K-Tronix Mesh Gospell C-band + Kombined KU LNB 4 way Diseq Switch
My Location
25'40'32S. 28'14'5E
Halo There!

From what i can see ,your dish needs to be pointed 88deg East ,with a elevation of 58Deg.

What type 3m dish ,and lnb are you using?

Are you sure you have the dish properly aligned?

Karis

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Berkshire
Skew of the LNB is critical to improve quality/signal to noise ratio, also moving the LNB feed in and out of the clamp can improve things.

My Satellite Setup
1.8m Prime focus fixed dish (Intel 906 C, NSS12 Ku), 90cms offset dish (Atlantic Bird 2) with Humax IR1020HD receiver.
My Location
Nairobi, Kenya.
Hallo Karism & Rolfw,
Thanks for the quick response,

I have a 6 feet dish and for the Lnb, I need to conform this evening.Tried to skew the lnb but still no improvement on Intelsat 902.
Currently the dish is on Intelsat 906 and some frequencies are ok ( around 68%) while others are still below 50%.

member91040

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
PCI SAT CARD TWINHAN NSS6, PAS7/10, ASIASAT3S, INSAT,INETEL SAT, EUROSTAR, DremBox, & Multi LNB'S
My Location
INDIA
Bro Try you LNB Depth and Level and f/d .

My Satellite Setup
My Location
Nairobi, Kenya.
Tried that once but i will do it again.

Karism inquired about my Lnb, well its the standard Eurostar C band lnb. Hope I have answered you well.

member91040

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
PCI SAT CARD TWINHAN NSS6, PAS7/10, ASIASAT3S, INSAT,INETEL SAT, EUROSTAR, DremBox, & Multi LNB'S
My Location
INDIA
Bro Try polarization too

My Satellite Setup
My Location
Nairobi, Kenya.
sure I will give feed back tomorrow