signal strength?

A

alnmcn

Does anyone know how good your tv picture must be to guarentee that an on digital box would work woth no probs?

Also is the box affected by ariel sharing?(i live in a block of flats where the main ariel is input to a booster with 6 outputs, one for each flat)

thanks for any help

alan.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 25-Jan-02 AT 11:24 PM (GMT)]Hi Alan,

Unfortunately there's no guarantee for digital reception when using analogue reception as a guide. As a general rule you can normally receive digital television if you have a strong unamplified analogue signal, but this cannot be relied on totally.

With regard to communal aerials the same applies to a lesser degree, they can also be filtered, so that only 4 or 5 frequencies are allowed to pass, these of course will be the old analogue frequencies.

What I would always suggest is that you borrow someone's box and give it a try on your aerial, I'm sure you must know someone that will be prepared to lend you one for an hour or so.

rolf