Signal tester

leamlara

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi I was wondering if anybody knows of a PC based signal tester (or satellite finder). And if so can this software saw what satellite it is talking to.

Thanks again.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I've not heard of one Leamlara, what problems are you experiencing?

leamlara

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
rolfw said:
I've not heard of one Leamlara, what problems are you experiencing?

None really, but If there was one it would be useful for finding satellites, and in particular, knowing which satellite you are pointing at.

Thanks for your help.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You can do it with a bit of research, you have to find a transponder unique to the satellite that you are looking at, then move the dish and watch the strength and quality.

workshoppete

Here Now And Again
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 metre motorised dish ,Technomate V-box, Spiderbox 7000HD box, Windows0n desktop and laptop,. and couldnt live without Promax Prodig 5 TV Explorer.. Oh , and now ipad - so much easier and convenient
My Location
North Midlands
rolfw said:
You can do it with a bit of research, you have to find a transponder unique to the satellite that you are looking at, then move the dish and watch the strength and quality.

www.satcodx.com/eng do a programe that will allow you to determine the size of the dish, depending on your location and of the channels you can expect to find. The software disc comes free and updated with a subscription to tele-satellite magazine. It will not provide a signal strength reading,indeed i know of no program that will. Best way is with an spectrum analyser or an old anologue reciever pre-programmed to some of the remaining anologue transmissions on various satellites within the arc. Failing this you can use the digital quality and signal strength reading from the setup menu of most of the new digital satellite receivers. Hope this helps