Signup process

leonardwolk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
none
As a new member I was very confused yesterday, when I signed up as lwolk, but didn't recieve a confirmation email, to activate the account, later registering the nickname I am now using worked fine, BUT then I had to wait for a moderator to activate my account again.

This process takes too long time, e.g.: I wanted to ask a question, I've been reading the forum for a while but decided to signup and what happens, I've had to wait some hours.

My suggestion is that you terimnate the last step, the step where the user already has activated the account, but the administarator has yet to do.

I hope the text is readable, I'm not really an english expert.

Leonard

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
Well let's see.
No spelling mistakes,
Good grammar,
And good structure,

All in all not too bad……….9.5

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Leonard,

I appreciate that there can sometimes be a delay with the approval. The first step is purely an E-mail address validation and when the new member returns this, the account appears in the queue for moderation. This is an admin function and the account can only be authorised by one of the administrators, so this is where any potential delay may occur, we of course check the queue as frequently as possible.

When changing to this new software, we decided to add this secondary process, as we had previosly fallen victim to a couple of regular commercial spammers and this stage gives us a chance to check out any dubious addresses.