silver crest 57 cm dish

b2.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
bulk standard sky plus with multi room. laptop.
My Location
hampshire
first time using this service. hope i've done it correct. my freind bought a silver crest dish and decoder from lidl's to get german tv for his wife. ive managed to get all the english channels up but no german ones. am i looking at the wrong sat. if so what direction does the dish need to point.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum b2

by English channels I assume you mean BBC 1 ITV etc, if that is the case then you are looking at 28.2 East, Astra 2 and you should be looking at 19.2 East Astra 1 from behind your dish you need to rotate only 6 degrees further West and slightly up

Ooops corrected

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you are getting English channels, then you are on Astra 28.2 East, you actually want Astra 19.2 East for the German channels, so it is up slightly and 9 degrees West. :)

b2.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
bulk standard sky plus with multi room. laptop.
My Location
hampshire
thanks for that. is there a tool for this or will a good old fasioned compass do the job

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
There are small meters that can be used, but if you can manage to get a portable TV in sight of the dish, then you can use the receiver's signal meter. :)