nobbly

Reaction score
My Location
Not in UK
To use picbinedit:

1. Download and unzip the picbenedit file
2. Load the program using "picbined.exe"
3. Click on Enable on the top right
4. Choose which system your using from the menu on the top right ..ie seac/viaccess
5. leave auto detect ticked
6. goto file and click open
7. load in you hex which you want to edit
8. Click "yes" when it asks to change the working mode
9. click on keys
10. choose your provider from the right menu
11. edit the keys in the left menu
12. click on file and save

thats all

nobbly :+

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
Nobbly.

I've done as you suggest in the hope of being able to edit my Fun Card to give me a 5in1 function, but find myself confused by the range of options and total lack of knowledge of how to go about achieving my objectives. Is there an even simpler Idiot's Guide to Picbinedit which I could consult?

wolsty

nobbly

Reaction score
My Location
Not in UK
Well I thought it was simple enough. Try this link.:
http://satpages.sat4all.com/

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
Thanks, nobbly.

It is simple enough. BUT!!

Although 5in1 seems to be working on my Fun Card ( I can decrypt Nagra and the others) I don't know how I've achieved this. When I run Picbinedit, I get an error message if I try to read the card, so I don't know which hex files are on it. I'm also having similar problems with my Gold Card.

I'm anxious to improve my technical knowledge, so I'm inclined to explore all the facilities offered by the editor - just for the satisfaction of knowing that I can.

Best wishes for the holiday season.

wolsty

nobbly

Reaction score
My Location
Not in UK
Don't forget that if you want to read the eprom from the card you must install a loader onto the pic.(backwards to programming)

You can try reading the pic info before installing the loader file but if you programmed the card with protection on you won't be able to read it.

If you do install a loader file you will delete any info on the pic. The same rule goes for the fun card.

The best thing to do is to keep your original hex files, edit them and then program them onto the card.

D

Duwgati

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 27-Dec-01 AT 05:35 PM (GMT)]If I understand you correctly Wolsty, you have tried to do the editing directly to your card?

Picbined will only edit hex files, not the card directly. So first you need to get hold of a hex file set. You may read it from your card, but that is a little bit tricky, so watch out when doing so.

When you have the hex files, you can then edit the external eeprom file, using picbined. After editing you write them to your card.

Those are the steps you have to go thru.

Just go to my site (http://satpages.sat4all.com) and try to find out if your programmer is listed. If it is, it's easy to determine what software would be best to use for reading/writing the card with your programmer.

Success

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kernow
Suddenly, a light goes on!

I had thought that it was possible to find out what was on the card by using autodetect and/or read, but that is clearly incorrect. I suppose I should be grateful that the card works and not worry too much about what's on it - but that goes against the grain!

I have a Multiprogrammer version 3.5 and I'm using the DOS based Atmelprog version 1.3 to write the hex files onto a Funcard. I haven't yet mastered writing to my Goldcard with the MP6 software.

The instructions on the Sat4all site helped. Thanks nobbly. I've looked on your site too, Duwgati, but my programmer isn't listed.

However, your replies raise more questions:

What is a loader, where do I get one and how do I use it?
If I don't know what's on the card, how do I find out which files to update?
Does writing to the card overwrite all data on it, or can I add code?
What is tricky about trying to read a card?

Thanks for your help, guys.

wolsty