Help Required Simple motorised system

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
You might hear the dish when it's moving at night as the humm of the motor through the metal brackets is noticeable but not massively loud.

it's 36volt motors that are noisy, I can here mine in the house even with the tv on.

Trader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM-5402 HD with 1m Gibertini on STAB HH100 coming soon!
My Location
Gloucestershire
Thanks for all the helpful replies. I am only worried about the noise at night when/if the wind shakes the dish. The motor noise isn't a concern but out of respect for my neighbours I will not be rotating the dish after 23:00. TBH I am in bed at 22:00 most nights!

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I've not come across dishes that howl in the night - It'll be fine!

Trader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gloucestershire
I've not come across dishes that howl in the night - It'll be fine!

:cool: I asked because last year I had something rattling outside and it drove me insane. I still have an old mini Sky dish and thought that was the culprit. A mate came around with his ladder and he checked everything to no avail. That night the rattling started again :mad: My mate checked again and even had his apprentice with him. They checked everything and still found nothing. The rattling continued for about 6 months then suddenly one night it was gone!!o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Trader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gloucestershire
Here is one of those stupid "how long is a piece of string" questions??? I will ask anyway to try and gauge the general consensus.

I am thinking of going 1.2m dish size but the concern is the local "Job's worth" at the council getting heavy. I presume someone would need to grass me up to the council as they do not have the manpower to actively scour the streets looking for large dishes.

I would hope that if the council did get wind of it they would simply insist on my taking it down? Could I apply retrospectively for permission? The feeds on 12.5W are occasionally FTA and I would love to watch the dogs if possible. I spoke with an old mate and he said the feeds are slightly lower power (sounds feasible) so 1m may struggle on days with poor weather. He says a decent 1.2m dish would work on all but the foul weather days.

What do you guys think?

TT

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Most of us feel that a 1.2m on a simple Motor is folly and that a 36v system with a Jack would be more appropriate.

Trader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gloucestershire
Most of us feel that a 1.2m on a simple Motor is folly and that a 36v system with a Jack would be more appropriate.

I thought that might be the case. I think I will stick with the 1m and if necessary use a fixed 1.2m in a more secluded location away from prying eyes.

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
Much the better solution. Although I do have a 1.2M on my motor, I wouldn't advise it. I'm lucky in that it's in a secluded spot sheltered by trees from the strongest winds. I'd also add that up to now, I've not come across any planning regulations in relation to numbers of dishes or size here, so I'm fortunate in that respect.

Trader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gloucestershire
The first part has arrived!
uvymyru5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

hairybadger

Bricoleur
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
near Geneva, Haute-Savoie, France
Much the better solution. Although I do have a 1.2M on my motor, I wouldn't advise it. I'm lucky in that it's in a secluded spot sheltered by trees from the strongest winds. I'd also add that up to now, I've not come across any planning regulations in relation to numbers of dishes or size here, so I'm fortunate in that respect.
I thought the blanket limit without planning permission (déclaration de travaux?) was 1m, although I'm not sure if that relates to just dishes that are mounted on a building and not those that are ground-mounted. I've painted one of mine dark green so that it blends in with the vegetation :)

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

My Location
Normandy, France
I thought the blanket limit without planning permission (déclaration de travaux?) was 1m, although I'm not sure if that relates to just dishes that are mounted on a building and not those that are ground-mounted. I've painted one of mine dark green so that it blends in with the vegetation :)

Je sais pas......shrugs shoulders in the Gallic manner...

Trader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gloucestershire
The limit is 1m but I reckon it would take a serious snooper or "job's worth" to spot the 1.2m over the 1m...he says with fingers crossed! :ph34r:

hairybadger

Bricoleur
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
near Geneva, Haute-Savoie, France
The limit is 1m but I reckon it would take a serious snooper or "job's worth" to spot the 1.2m over the 1m...he says with fingers crossed! :ph34r:
You have too much faith in human nature :)

Trader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gloucestershire
you dont need the 120 as the 1m gibby will fit on the h-to-h 100.. the 120 is slower than the 100 also. get yourself a good quality set of galvanised T+K,s or better still 2 K,S and a length of scaff pole and once set up correctly you should have years of trouble free service in all but the most exposed location. if you are concerned the get the installer to drill through the motor back bracket and pole and put a bolt through and a nut to tighten up and it will never move. lastly dont scrimp on the cable and use WF100/TX100

I have rolls of CT100 and WF100 in my garage, all sealed still, never seen the light of day! I will be using that.

Trader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gloucestershire
Well this isn't off the ground yet, I was taken ill and ended up in hospital! I am not sure when I will be able to get this sorted now :(

gibertini

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800HDSE SIM 2.10 80CM ORBITAL FIXED@28.2E
My Location
53.6N 2.4W
get well soon m8

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Take your time - recovering properly is more important than Satellite (Just!).

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
Get well soon mate

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Normandy, France
Hope you're feeling better soon Trader.