Sinclair

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
The Sinclair FM Radio was I believe only available in kit form. I constructed one in the early '60's, but was not too impressed by its performance.

Granted I was in a bit of a 'dead spot' for FM reception (the local fill-in transmitter was situated on a gasometer the other side of town) so pretty poor for a receiver with a whip aerial.

It was a superhet design with three 120kHz IF RC coupled stages, clipped to produce square waves fed to a pulse-counting discriminator.
AFC was applied back to the oscillator, which kept it locked to the received signal.

The problem was using a bog-standard trimmer for the tuning. It was difficult to lock on to a station, and once there, it suffered from hand-capacity affects.

Llew

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
Speaking of Sinclair..

Has anyone been watching Sir clive playing poker this last week on Challenge TVs Celebrity Poker Championship.

after reading this thread, was a bit strange to turn the tv on and see the man himself :)

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Llew said:
The Sinclair FM Radio was I believe only available in kit form. I constructed one in the early '60's, but was not too impressed by its performance.

No disagree there Llew I bought one already constructed only had it two weeks and took it to school where some shit stole it whilst I was playing cricket. :(

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Fair enough topper, wasn't absolutely certain about that.

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
Fascinating stuff, I never had the Sinclair fm receiver, so very interesting, thanks ....