Vu+ Duo DVB-S2 receiver,
Stock Vu+ image V7,
Labgear PF100 cable,
Atlanta ASF304+ Sat-Finder,
4:2:2 VLC / Ubuntu,
53E to 45W
My Location
51.8ºN, 0.0ºW East Hertfordshire
I've only been reading up on Satellite systems/technology for the last 5 weeks and am a complete newb but have managed to get
some results as shown here:

http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/.../197871-my-first-ever-satellite-pictures.html

I wanted the best picture quality and assumed that more than one LNB would not be at the true focus of the dish but having just seen a photo of Inverto's
Twin HGLN 40mm Black Ultra LNB it seems to have the same "feed horn" size as the unit that I bought so perhaps my original assumption was wrong.

I bought the Inverto Single Black Ultra LNB after reading the good reviews about it. I then bought a Vu+ Duo after seeing this post:

http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/free-air-gems/195907-bbc-mux-27-5w-fta.html#post1014730

from Huevos

Now the Duo has two tuners and again I originally assumed that I could only fit one LNB as I had visions of the second tuner sending conflicting signals to the motor control.

But after some thought and seeing that Twin and Single LNB's look similar at the feed horn end I would like to know if I set Tuner A to motorised
and set Tuner B to single and make sure that it is always set to the satellite that the motor is pointing to ( mostly 28.2E ) will there be any loss in picture quality/perfomance by using a Twin instead of Single LNB, eg noise or crosstalk etc. I know I'll need double the amount of cabling but would then be able to record from a different frequency/polarity whilst watching something else ( albeit from the same satellite )

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
It makes no difference twin or single, if you have a twin tuner receiver you need a twin if you want it connected to the Motorised dish, I have had both on my dish at one time or another.

Posted with Tapatalk

bonou2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
strong 4500, openbox X801, vantage 7100ts, vantage X201 CI, goldenmedia 9080,goldenmedia uni-box2,tbs6925+,inverto black ultra+C120,panorama er-861, zinwell lnb 15K C- band,intersat 20K
My Location
Romania
twin lnb inverto has a gain of 10% higher than the single lnb inverto
--please try and you will not be disappointed
--Each satellite has a maximum point of reception (skew)
--of course the motorized antenna lnb should be set at 6 pm ,If you wish to receive a satellite will have to find that peak and reception (move lnb up-down and L-R)
--This way you will gain one satellite and the other will have less gain
--and remember the best LNB is a bigger antenna :-righton

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
bonou2 said:
--and remember the best LNB is a bigger antenna :-righton

That is sensible advice, and succinctly put :-applause

N1501

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fracarro Penta 85 Brick Red Aluminium Dish,
Inverto Black Ultra 0.2 dB Single Output LNB,
TM-2600 Super H-H Motor,
Vu+ Duo DVB-S2 receiver,
Stock Vu+ image V7,
Labgear PF100 cable,
Atlanta ASF304+ Sat-Finder,
4:2:2 VLC / Ubuntu,
53E to 45W
My Location
51.8ºN, 0.0ºW East Hertfordshire
Decided on a single LNB for the time being.

Found if I set Vu+ Duo to single ( USALS ) tuner 'A' only ( 'B' off ), then I can record one programme and watch anything else on the same transponder ( same satellite ).

If I set the second tuner, B, to "loop-through" then I seem to be able to record any transponder ( on the same satellite ) as long as it has
the same polarity as Tuner 'A' ( i.e. Horizontal or Vertical )