Single receiver and 2 different channels

Avareh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7025+
My Location
Rotterdam
Hi,

I am quite new to this subject so any help is appreciated. At the time I have cable TV at home (living room + bedroom) and want to switch to satellite and so far got:

- Triax 95CM dish (steel)
- Digipower SG2100 motor
- Single LNB
- 100m COAX cable (plus a few connectors/plugs)

Now I am looking for a good receiver and read many times about Dreambox as one of the best choices. The 7025+ model seems to be an affordable device but am not sure if it is also the best choice. First of all I wanna be able to receive HD channels but am not sure if the info on Wikipedia page (see table on that page) on Dreambox is reliable. Looking on different sites I read this model is rather HD ready than full HD, is this true? another important thing is if I can connect 2 different TV's to Dreambox (with 2 DVB-S tuners) to watch 2 different channels at the same time, assuming channels on TV1 and TV2 are available on same satellite.

Regards,
- Avareh

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Welcome to the forum.:)

If you want to watch different programmes on different TVs, you will need two receivers, although certain models have two tuners, you can still only watch one channel at a time, you can however record another.

If you are installing a motorised dish, you have to be aware that a twin LNB will be needed, but only one box can control the dish and if the main receiver drives the dish to one satellite, that's what the other receiver will have to watch.

Avareh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7025+
My Location
Rotterdam
Hi rolfw,

Thanks for your answer, I already had the feeling it wont work with one receiver but hoped may be there is a way out. Since in this case I am supposed to use 2 receivers what would be the best (most affordable) options? I need:

- Ability to receive HD channels
- Support of DiSEqC motor, at least for the box being used in living room
- Internet/WiFi access for both boxes

Regards,
- Avareh

scooterbuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky
My Location
perth
Have a look at the Technomate Tm5402 Cracking HD pic and only about £135, I run 2 satellites off mine and 3 lnbs