Sirius 3 (5 degree east) in London?

D

dockerslund

I'm based in South London (Brixton) and want to watch channels from Sirius 3 - nordic beam (5 degree east). I'm going to buy a Force Master 1122S with built-in Viaccess and Conax, so that shouldn't be a problem. But but but...on www.nsab.se, Get Sirius!/Coverage areas, the footprint map indicates that 120 cm. dish should be enough, if I live in Norwich. But shouldn't it be enough too, if I live in south London? The distance is not that far. I'm going to use an 0,6 universal LNB. If the quality of the picture is bad, would it make any difference if I use an 0,3 LNB?

ckrys1

Reaction score
My Location
pj::
If it`s any help, I have a 1.2m prime focus dish with a 0.4db lnb in Dundee. Looking at the coverage map of the nordic beam, Dundee is similarly placed to London in terms of beam strength, and I only just receive these channels - 19% signal quality today (clear day for a change). In heavy cloud and rain the level drops below 15% and picture goes. The European beam is much stronger (Novy Kanal etc - no problem there)
Not an expert but have been told on this site that lnb db quality is only of marginal importance - much more crucial is a perfect alignment of the dish to the arc

Ckrys1

PRINCE

Reaction score
My Location
uh::
Hi,

I live in London as well, and could just about get Sirius with a 1Meter dish and 0.6Lnb, although I can't get the weaker frequency(12054)most of the other are okay except in bad weather.

Regards

Prince