Sirius 3 (5 degree east) in London

D

dockerslund

I'm based in South London (Brixton) and want to watch channels from Sirius 3 - nordic beam (5 degree east). I'm going to buy a Force Master 1122S with built-in Viaccess and Conax, so that shouldn't be a problem. But but but...on www.nsab.se, Get Sirius!/Coverage areas, the footprint map indicates that 120 cm. dish should be enough, if I lived in Norwich. But shouldn't it be enough too, if I live in south London? The distance is not that far, right? I'm going to use an 0,6 universal LNB. If the quality of the picture is bad, would it make any difference if I use an 0,3 LNB?

If I want to use ONE dish with 2 LNB's, so I can watch BOTH 5 degree east AND 1 degree west, how big should the dish then be?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 02-Mar-02 AT 10:54 AM (GMT)]Providing that 5E is the prime focus you should be OK.

Rolf

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Unless you have access to an official card - or deal with somebody in the far East, chances are you wont find anything interesting on 1W

Best to check with Lyngsat first, and if the above is true , then stick to 5East only, or swing the second LNB over to 13 East

ckrys1

Reaction score
My Location
pj::
Will have to educate you on the joys of football CH:-) - TV Mreza from Bosnia shows live FTA Italian league football every Saturday night from 1W. Better than these `adult` channels - more exciting and lasts longer!

Ckrys1

D

dockerslund

On 1 west I want to watch Canal + (Nordic), because they show live Premier League footie on Saturdays. I will of course buy a card so I can watch it legally (although it has to be in my parents name home in Denmark, as you aren't allowed to watch it, if you live outside Scandinavia).
There's a lot of Danish channels too (I'm from Denmark, that'w why).
On 5 east there's some Scandinavian channels too. TV3 and 3+. There's Danish footie on 3+, and as you probably can guess, I'm a big football fan, and I would like to watch my local team in Denmark, when they play.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
As you may gather I dont watch enough football to make the Bosnian channel one of my favourites. I dont normally have a 90min gap betwen all the other programmes to fit a match into

And the wife does hoard the TV in the evenings anyway