comag sl65
comag porty II (camping)
Pace Prima (analogue)
Assortment of dishes.
computer:
Shiney new Acer
My Location
Derbyshire, England
Just thought I'd add a little info for those looking to receive this.
I have lived and worked on racecourses in the past and have been fortunate enough to be able to tap into the SIS system and watch the racing.
The systems the courses used were a very strange looking receiver and the average size of the dishes were about 2m.
Asking about receiving this privately, I was told that it was virtually impossible due to the broadcast frequencies.
If anyone wants any info on the actual system and I am able to give it, I would be more than happy to do so.:cool:

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
It's not the frequencies involved, more the encryption/formats used in the transmissions.

Any info is of course welcomed tht.

Llew

Skip Channel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
28e, 19e, 13e, 30w
My Location
England
I've received SIS feeds (from Sirius) on a Sky minidish - but like Llew mentions, it's not the frequencies used but the encryption/format.

tigertimtim

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1500 Technomate, 1m Gibertini dish, Smart 0.2 Titanium lnb
My Location
Hull
you will sometimes find sis horse racing feeds on 20 west intelsat but they are difficult to track down (no pun intended )

kyliesat

Reaction score
How long can the feeds be viewed for before the satellite moves to far away from the clarke belt, using a 1m dish?

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
I used to manage about 45minutes with my 1.2 dish. A little tweak to left and right held it a little longer occasionally.

Llew

sinner73

Reaction score
the_happy_traveller said:
Just thought I'd add a little info for those looking to receive this.
I have lived and worked on racecourses in the past and have been fortunate enough to be able to tap into the SIS system and watch the racing.
The systems the courses used were a very strange looking receiver and the average size of the dishes were about 2m.
Asking about receiving this privately, I was told that it was virtually impossible due to the broadcast frequencies.
If anyone wants any info on the actual system and I am able to give it, I would be more than happy to do so.:cool:

Dear happy traveller,

I would be grateful if you could provid eme with this information. For the record I have contacted SIS who offered me the service but try getting them to do anytihng about it. Also, I am in contact with a person who claims to have SIS. A motorised dish is apparently essential as is being in contact with a person that understands how to crack the code for the powervu scrambler. That is of course, as long as he's not talking rubbish to me.
Your reply would be appreviated along with comments.

Regards

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
sinner73 said:
Dear happy traveller,

A motorised dish is apparently essential as is being in contact with a person that understands how to crack the code for the powervu scrambler. That is of course, as long as he's not talking rubbish to me.
Your reply would be appreviated along with comments.

Regards

He's talking rubbish :-rofl2

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
If he's got PowerVu licked then the money he alledgedly makes from the 'in running' betting (I take it this is what this is all about) would pale into insignifigance.

;)

L.

the_happy_traveller

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
freesat HD (time to join 21st century)
comag sl65
comag porty II (camping)
Pace Prima (analogue)
Assortment of dishes.
computer:
Shiney new Acer
My Location
Derbyshire, England
From what I can remember. the racecourses pay a princely sum for the privilege of receiving SIS.
I only got it as a favour from the course managers.
I don't recall seeing any motorised dishes at the course though.