PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Apparently the script was untouched, It just happened to be an episode that doesn't grate against modern standards as much as others might.

A

Archive-8

Apparently the script was untouched, It just happened to be an episode that doesn't grate against modern standards as much as others might.

Is it just a one of episode, or have they made more of them ? I know a few of the re-booted programs are supposed to be made in to a new series.

It's one thing to watch them as a one off episodes, but as soon as they make it in to a series, it will inevitably try and tell me it follows on.

The new prisoner cell block h is supposed to be the same, just the characters you know like queen bea, in the old series she was top dog, now she seems to be a gibbering wreck.

I loved the old 80's pcbh and loath the new prisoner.

A

Archive7

I would like to add that classic films are better left alone.
Dial M for Murder was quite a thrilling movie, even today, but I found the remake with Michael Douglas A Perfect Murder quite pathetic. The classic dial phone was replaced with a mobile, if I remember correctly.
I think they made more remakes but I am not going to watch any.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Is it just a one of episode, or have they made more of them ? I know a few of the re-booted programs are supposed to be made in to a new series.
From what I read it was an episode that had been made and broadcast at the time but the tape was then wiped and they haven't been able to replace it.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
One reboot I have enjoyed in recent weeks was the "Lost Hancocks" on BBC Radio 4.