site problems/errors

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
I have been getting an email confirmation that new message has been posted to my reply in the forum but when i go back to forum through the email link i find that no reply has actually taken place just my original post that i left. Any ideas??

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
Hi. I find the chat responses very slow. Takes about 30 seconds to 1 minute to receive a reply.

Is the intention to only access the chat through the website?
if so then people are coming in to the chatroom from elsewhere looking to talk about anything.
Is this because its a demo version?

One of the things i like about chat rooms but often cannot find is an ability to stay on topic. It would be good to be able to know that when you go into satellite chat room that you do infact get a conversation about satellite etc and not the weather. The best chat rooms i think are always the ones that do what they say they will do.

chris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
Try and Refresh (or Reload on netscape)the page, the page you are viewing is from your hard drive.

The chat software is slow because it's loading from a remote server, after the trial expires we may install it direct on our server which will mean faster speed plus only satellite chat.

chris.

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
i tried my refresh on explorer 4 thinking that it was my cache but it didnt make any difference.

chris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
not sure then , let me know next time it happens. send me a copy of the email with the link to chris@satellites.co.uk

chris

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Are you working through a proxy server? (usually the case if you are accessing the net "at work" - as if you would...)

If so, it may be that your proxy server still has the original page cached, and your reloads are simply pulling in the same unrefreshed page from the proxy server cache.

Under Netscape, to force bypass the proxy cache and reload the actual new page, you must hold down the shift key at the same time as clicking on the reload button.
I have no idea what the equivalent is under other browsers.

2old