Size of 2.7m dish??????

C

Coca-Cooper

So, I finally had Astrosat install my dish today :) to receive BBC and ITV

The dish should be a 2.7m (non off-set). When I measured the dish end-to-end, it measures just 2.4m. Is this right, or have I just been screwed 'O'-red

Cheers.

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
If you get the channels you epected to get with a 2.7,then grin and bear it,if not then you have been had........check out the price for a 2.4 and ask for the difference back..............brian

C

Coca-Cooper

Right now, I'm only getting Channel 4, Sky News, ITN News. These guys have been advertising BBC, ITV with a 2.7m.

Can a 2.7m dish be 2.4m in diameter?????

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
Is the dish fully circular...ie a prime focus dish,if so the diameter even including the lip or turned edge must be 2.7,if it does not measure 2.7 in any direction then a mistake has been made.If they advertise BBC with this dish how do they eplain that you are not receiving this,you really should get back to them for answers.....brian

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Sounds like an offset dish where (normally) the vertical is bigger than the horizontal.

Its a 2.4m dish , no question. It would be interesting to know what make and who is the supplier

Did you pay by credit card . Did you get a receipt ?

geoffreys

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
Famaval 2.4m dish, Invacom 0.2dB LNB (single), Pace 430N
My Location
Famagusta District, Cyprus
Well whether it is a 2.4 prime focus, 2.4 Offset, 2.7 prime focus, or a 2.7 offset, I think you would have difficulty receiving (24/7) the 2D satellite in Lemosos.
But you have clearly not bought what you were promised, so either they put things right, OR recover the dish from your house and give you a full refund.
Good luck!
Geoff

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Looks like you been ripped off.2.7 means 2.7.If it measures 2.4m across then thats it.Astro sat has a bad name,last year they were called limassol trading company and had a different phone number.I have heard so many complaints about them.They import cheap quality dishes( 2.5m) which probably work okay in Paphos if your lucky that they installed it properly(the thin metal dish and supports bend easily!)But anywhere else they just manage to get bbc and itv during the day only,which they do not tell anybody.They may be cheaper than the proffessionals,but when they are THAT cheap,you got to wonder why.Where in Cyprus are you?If you want to PM me I can recommend someone who could give you advice on your system.

longridge

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It looks that you have been Ripped off m8!!!!
If i was you i would go to the consumers department and make a complain.
Didn't it ever go through your mind why they dont put any stickers of there companys name on the dish?
ANSWER: Cause they change name every year!! )(-red
ALLWAYS GO TO A REGISTERED COMPANY!!
Best regards

johnthomas

Reaction score
My Location
Cyprus
Be carefull who u use in Cyprus!!
I also heard about this Astrosat and all the problems and misleading info that they give to customers.
I personally used a company in limassol(future)
Never had a problem.

best regards
johnthomas
kolossiO-Ha

frassle

Non-Activated User
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Cyprus
Another company that are doing them at a good price is Snapsat. Paphos based but they do Limassol as well and they are a registered company.

C

Coca-Cooper

A quick adjustment has got me viewing BBC and ITV. So far no problems.

They claim that this 2.4m has the same "DB" as a 2.7m (the dish is made by Pasat).

To give them credit, they will come and exchange the dish with a 2.7m.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well this is the link to the Pasat site it would appear to be a Bulgarian company, but they do not list a 2.4m dish.

johnthomas

Reaction score
My Location
Cyprus
I have a few friends in Pissouri and Paphos that had the system fitted by Future and are very pleased!! 2.7m dishes that measure 2.7O-Ha
They only deal with satellites and NOTHING else! In Cyprus everyone does all sort of jobs(Jack of all trades)

johnthomas

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
johnthomas said:
I have a few friends in Pissouri and Paphos that had the system fitted by Future and are very pleased!! 2.7m dishes that measure 2.7O-Ha
They only deal with satellites and NOTHING else! In Cyprus everyone does all sort of jobs(Jack of all trades)

johnthomas

Future are not bad but there is also Simon in Limassol,who only deals with satellite dishes and the odd BFBS aerial.He doesn't need to advertise to get work as its all recommendation.I've passed his name on to many people and no complaints so far.It all boils down to the technician being honest and letting you know exactly what you will and won't get before you agree to have the dish installed.The cowboys have to advertise every week everywhere to get new customers because the old ones have gone somewhere else.You pays your money and you gets your choice (of dish)

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Ps Coca cooper,did you get BBC and ITV all night? Be honest now. :-)

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Ps Coca cooper,did you get BBC and ITV all night? Be honest now. :-)

C

Coca-Cooper

No.

Starts at 3pm and finishes at 8:30pm O-no

What about you Zorba (what size of dish are you using?)

chris_lim

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have mentioned in my previous post to another thread that 24hr uninterrupted reception of BBC and ITV would not be possible in Limassol with a 2,7m dish. Some people claimed that it is possible but it seems that I was correct. To receive BBC you need at least a 3m solid dish and ITV a 3,5m solid dish unless you live at the western suburbs of Limassol (Zakaki and onwards). AstroSat indeed has a bad reputation and I think that in the past 7 or 8 years they have changed four or five names AstroSat, EvelthonSat,..etc.

I had a 3.7m solid DH dish installed two months ago (when we still had bad weather) by Future Sat and I can receive all the horizontal frequencies of 2D (BBC, ITV, Disney, Hallmark, RTE) 24 hrs (I have actually tested them by staying awake all night) without the slightest freezing of the picture. Even in moderate rain I only loose Hallmark and maybe Disney but I can still receive BBC1 London and ITV1 London. Wind is not a problem since the mount is so big the dish cannot move a single inch.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Coca-Cooper said:
No.

Starts at 3pm and finishes at 8:30pm O-no

What about you Zorba (what size of dish are you using?)

I have a 2.4m with extensions to 3.1m.Last few weeks BBc being very goodwith breakup before 8.30 and after 10pm and comes back about 11pm.Itv usually a little bit worse.When are you getting your 2.7 then ?