Skinka/Premier Meter Software

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
Where can i get the software to change a yellow bone sky meter to look for the south beam when positioning the dish for sky digital.This is sometimes called the Spanish Version software,the meter's come programmed with the north beam transponder in it's memory,but here in spain the meter struggles to find it. I have a dsmc10 meter with the spanish software,but need to re-programme another meter,any advise would be gratefully received...............brian

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I've asked whether its possible to get the software for the reprogramming on a couple of other forums, but to no avail. My wholesaler can probably do it, as they do the upgrade to the multisat meter, but they charge for a refurbish which amounts to some £60. I'll give them a ring on tuesday and see if they can do anything at a more reasonable price.

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
Thanks rolf, I had my original meter reprogrammed by Satellite City in Leyton east london,it took about 30 seconds! and as it was a brand new meter and i had already spoken to Skinka/Premeir ,as was,it was done for free,so,the software is out there! all we need is a copy.By the way,on Ebay there are 4 new horizon meters at 150 pounds each,from scc trading,an established company,as far as i recollect........brian

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes Brian, if its the same SCC that I know, then they are a very good company, I know them very well. They certainly seem to think that the horizon is a good option and I believe self programmable.

iceman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.0m Motorised Channel Master + 4 fixed dish Amstrad_DRX890C
DM7020s,DM800se
UNOHM EP314 PROMAX TV Explorer
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
I have one of these yellow meters with 4 useles frequencies on it.
(unreachable freqs from where i am).
Looked for software & upgrading cable on the net with no luck.
Since i bought my UNAOHM EP314 ,i gave up on it.
I have found a reputable company in UK that does the repair & service on these meters.
http://www.alltrade.co.uk/services.php

iceman

Note:The price on my link for EP314 is £1299+vat!!!
I bought mine 4 months ago for just over £515...(equivalent to $800 at the time) from THIS company in Turkey.

iceman

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Thanks Iceman, Alltrade are one of my wholesale contacts and I tried to get some information on the connector and programming software, but they didn't seem to keen to release the info. I remember you talking about getting the EP314, on Dudez I believe, that really was a good deal, I have the 313, but its a bit outdated now, so must upgrade shortly.

iceman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020s,DM800se
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
After seeing how much they retail in UK,i am doubly glad i bought it M8.:)

iceman

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I shall be going up to the Mediacast show at the end of May, armed with my cheque book ans try and get a deal from one of the manufacturers up there. Just don't know what to buy yet. :)

iceman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020s,DM800se
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
You can get very good deals on euipment displayed on trade shows M8.Make sure you get there early & make your mind up quickly,cos this info is very common;-)

iceman