Sky 1.......Waverider 2

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Like many of us whom visit this forum and subscribe for the full package of Sky......how many of us can say ''Yes the film was on... i tuned into it....but the picture kept locking up!''.......(maybe a little cloud floated past in the sky to block the signal!....or some kids stray balloon from a birthday party!)......The point i am making we have all been there and worn the 'T' shirt!.......Well last night i looked forward to watching my beloved Chelsea play at Stamford bridge and to be transmitted on Sky Sports 2 only to find (yes you know don't you?) the poxy picture was freezin up left right and centre!.....determined not to be beaten i remembered a link that either Channel Hopper or Rolfw advised me to look at: L.J's links.....so bootin the pc i frantically searched the listings....there it was ......Sirius .... Viasatsport.......so switchin on me reciever (Phew!..relief!) found it no time the picture was great (apart from the fact i couldnt understand the commentry)....as the game unfolded i started to really get hump....i thought i'm payin £38.00 a month for something a can't watch...Grrrrrrrr.....so pickin up the phone to have yet another grunt at the Scottish Sky team!......only this time on the phone menu i selected 'No picture menu!'.......i explained my problem in a sober voice to the tech man....and yes (yawn) went through the rigmoral of pullin the card out and wipin it etc!.......to the point my patience had now run out like a light bulb being switched off!.......i then informed this patronising son of bitch he could now stuff my subscription where it would make his eye's water.......To my surprise he then added i was a valued customer!!!....he offered to appoint me an engineer to fix my problem!!...with a cost of around £70.00......naturally i replied ......''Your takin the P**S !''.........''Stuff it!''....this gentle Scotsman with the polite voice of a saint adviised me to cancel my subscription.....''Huhhh!.. Why's that then?'' i asked ''Because we will send an engineer round for FREE!!, if you threaten to cancel!'' he replied......So i did... and they are a commin.......my wife asked ''Why bother your gonna cancel it anyway!''....''Yes i know'' i replied.....''But i don't want my free to air channels lockin up do i!"......So for those of you who have had all the crap from Sky.... just say i want to cancel......and that way you get the engineer round for FREE!!..........waverider

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, that's obviously the way to do it Waverider, many people have achieved similar results with a threat to cancel. :)

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Yeah thats right rolfw.....why should i have to climb up the bleedin ladder to correct the problem...when they can do the job for me!........hehe!......plus i can cross the engineers palm with silver to obtain some useful accessories.....waverider