sky 1a , I wish to connect it to my laptop

sharif17563

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky 1 software to download from satellite to PC
My Location
Jordan
I have sky 1a , I wish to connect it to my laptop to be able to record programs into my HDD , pls help me to get the suitable driver to my laptop

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
sharif17563 said:
I have sky 1a , I wish to connect it to my laptop to be able to record programs into my HDD , pls help me to get the suitable driver to my laptop

Correct me if I am wrong, but this receiver may only have video and audio out connectors, so how are you going to interface it with the laptop?
Give us more info about the receiver so that we might be able to help you.
If there is only video and audio output, perhaps you can use a hardware part in order to interface with your laptop and use the application that comes with the gadget to record.
It might be better to buy a USB satellite DVB-S card and use that instead.
Something like what Technisat has.

sharif17563

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky 1 software to download from satellite to PC
My Location
Jordan
Hi,
In fact my receiver already have USB port , so I'm able to connect it to my laptop , for this reason I need suitable driver to be able to record programs.
Thx in adcance

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
sharif17563 said:
Hi,
In fact my receiver already have USB port , so I'm able to connect it to my laptop , for this reason I need suitable driver to be able to record programs.
Thx in adcance

Good. In that case you need a suitable application, not only drivers in order to record.
If you have Nero installed, try one of their applications or maybe VLC.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Hi again,
Just had a rethink about this and I think that just brcause your receiver has a USB connector, doesn't necessarily means that you can use to connect to a laptop in order to record.
It is probably just for updating firmware using a USB stick instead of RS-232 connector and cable.
If it has an Ethernet connector then your chances are better.
In short, go for the dedicated DVB-S USB receiver for PC or laptop like Technisat models or Hauppauge.