Sky+ Activation Abroad Urgent Help Needed!

skyoutUK

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8m, Lenson Heat 80cm triple feed 13° 19° & 28°, Triax TD110 with Jeager SuperJack, sky+ Pace v2, Panasonic TU-DSB20, Humax 5400, no name FTA and heap of old analogue receivers
My Location
right next to the big dish
After reading many reports on this and other forums that it is possible to activate sky+ box abroad without telephone line I decided to take the plunge and risk it unfortunately it didn’t work.

My box arrived I set it up and took out the card from my old box and put it in sky+(pace Mk.2), my contact in UK called sky to activate the card in the new box but they wouldn’t budge telephone line is required! I asked him to call sky again and make it clear to them box is bought second hand from independent satellite dealer and that my old box was bought without interactive discount and worked happily without phoneline from ’98 but still no luck! He also told them he’s not interested in box office and interactive services that require phoneline.

I have full sky world subscription with FilmFour and no mirror sub on the contract.

Could any of you who managed to activate sky+ abroad without phoneline describe in detail exactly how you did it. Any info greatly appreciated.

mjc410

Reaction score
I take it your existing card is the replacement card that sky sent out last year? have tried the dialler?

Regards
mjc

mjc410

Reaction score
mjc410 said:
I take it your existing card is the replacement card that sky sent out last year? have tried the dialler?

Regards
mjc

Where are you?

skyoutUK

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8m, Lenson Heat 80cm triple feed 13° 19° & 28°, Triax TD110 with Jeager SuperJack, sky+ Pace v2, Panasonic TU-DSB20, Humax 5400, no name FTA and heap of old analogue receivers
My Location
mjc410 said:

Regards
mjc

Yes my current card is replacement (dark blue with yellow house) sent by sky last year. No I haven't tried the dialer don't have one.

When I put my existing card in sky+ box all basic channels work but no movies and sport and of course recording is blocked. If everything else fails I'll have to send the box to UK for activation and back again.

skyoutUK

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Can anyone recommend dialer used for activating sky+

How reliable are they?

Leee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ v2 (120Gb); DM7020Si*motorised; PC/S2-3200
My Location
47°N/8°E/490m
try getting your UK contact to get the box activated again. Mine was done without a phone connection.

Make sure your contact has all the details from your System Details screen in Services as well as your card number and the answers to your secrets.

t.m

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 metre dish
Amstrad dx90 sky+ h.d box
My Location
stockholm
is your system under one year old which would explain why it must still be connected to a phone line. i have recently upgraded to sky + rang sky they done it within five minutes and never asked a question about the phone line

skyoutUK

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
My Location
t.m said:
is your system under one year old which would explain why it must still be connected to a phone line. i have recently upgraded to sky + rang sky they done it within five minutes and never asked a question about the phone line

No it is not under contract I have my original subscription for sky world (full package) since '98 and my old box was never connected to phoneline and sky+ box was bought from independent dealer not from sky.

skyoutUK

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I was informed that another method to get sky+ activated abroad is to ring sky (from UK of course) and ask them to update your details with new phone number in the same area you have your contract in then ring them little later and ask to have your sky+ box paired up with card and recording activated and if they ask about phoneline tell them that it is connected.

Did anyone try this?

t.m

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 metre dish
Amstrad dx90 sky+ h.d box
My Location
stockholm
the best way or the way i did it is to ring sky from a telephone where they cant see the number (i rang from sweden) and just give them the details on the system details menu and if they ask about a telephone line just tell them you rent a room at the adress you are registered at and do not have a telephone installed