RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
problem solved :)

regulars on here might remember me wanting to share the big dish with sky... at the same time, and not keep having to swap the coax over.

this involves having the coax from the dish/LNB going into the dreambox and using the loop through ie coax output from dreambox into the sky digibox, it works fine untill you want to move the motor on the dish... it wont move!!!

at first i thought it couldnt be done.... then after loads of fiddling and the realisation that the problem lies with 2 boxes sending power to the 1 lnb, and going into the secret installation menu on the sky box :) ah ahh

by pressing
services> 4> 0> 1> select

you get a new menu :) and the option to turn off power to the lnb
then pick up the DB remote and move dish.
when you want to use sky again, turn off DB and the screen on sky you left ie secret menu is there still waiting :) change the power back to on and backup out of menu :)

woohoo best of both worlds...

PS reading this probably sounds long winded, but in practice this just takes a few seconds...

alot quicker than wrecking all the wiring under my TV each time i want to watch my ART subscription :)

skydreamer

Frequent flyer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB8000HD, 90 mm cooling fan, 2TB Seagate LP HDD, Slim DVD-ROM, Smart Twin Titanium 0.2dB, Stab HH120 USALS 45E-45W, Triax 120, SkyStar II HD
My Location
Windy & Wet Atlantic Coast
This is possible but not very user friendly. My wife definitely dissapproved that. :rolleyes:

More convenient solution is to buy a satellite coax relay switch that is size of a matchbox and trading at approx €20.
Plug the Dreambox in the master output and Sky digibox into the slave output. LNB is connected to the input.

When you turn the Dreambox on the relay senses on its master input incoming power, ignores the slave and switches the LNB to Dreambox. You can turn the dish and everybody's happy. After you switch the Dreambox to standby, the relay disengages and connects the LNB back to Dreambox, which can receive upgrades and operate as usual.

I have not noticed any quality or signal strenght issues with the switch.

However the question stands why would you want to use Sky digibox when you can get the same functionality from Dreambox, which can record as well?

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
because, i cant get sky on my dreambox..... i have tried but failed miserably :(

also i use the TV guide after every program, i wouldnt have that with the dreambox. thats probably why i never got the gbox working.... it was a half hearted attempt.

although i must admit the switch box sounds good :)

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Skydreamers solution is very elegant. I must say though that I put up a second dish that is constantly pointing to 28 east and the digibox. This is for regular viewing and the wife knows how to handle it. The dreambox is connected to the big dish and motor. It has the advantage that sometimes I can record one thing on the DB while the wife is watching some tear jerking drama....

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
T_G said:
the wife knows how to handle it

Yes but what about the digibox??O-Ha