Sky+ and Labgear MRX352

My Satellite Setup
Sky+
Has anyone used the Labgear MRX 352 to distribute Sky+ around the house? If so, did you or are you experiencing any problems with it?

Just had my house re-wired, so got the sat & coax cabling done at the same time. I've got 3 sat cables coming into the faceplate (comprising of 2x sat connectors, TV, RF return & BT) in the lounge. One cable goes into a diplexer for TV and Sat1, one into Sat2 and the other into the RF return socket).

I'm thinking of going for the MRX352 because it's got 2xLNB inputs, but it's a bit on the pricey side - can anyone offer an alternative?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have you looked at the Loftbox by Global? I've used the Labgear MRX352, but not sure whether they are still operating, as they went out of business a while back.

My Satellite Setup
Sky+
rolfw said:
Have you looked at the Loftbox by Global? I've used the Labgear MRX352, but not sure whether they are still operating, as they went out of business a while back.
Thanks for the quick response. I was growing suspicious of Labgear as their website has been down and an e-mail I sent was bounced back!

I did look at the Global Loftbox, but couldn't see how to get both feeds into it from the LNB. Could I just use one of the other inputs (e.g. the CCTV) ?

Also, could you just clarify whether the Loftbox will distribute analogue TV signals to each room or does each room also need to have a feed from the analogue aerial?

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
They do the loftbox expander, this diplexes the second satellite feed with the rf return from the Sky+ box. http://www.tvlink.com/

My Satellite Setup
Sky+
Sorry about the delayed response...

Presumably, as I've already got 3 cables coming into the faceplate, I could alternatively have the following: cable 1 for tv/fm/sat1 (triplexed at plate) going via LoftBox, cable 2 for sat 2 (connected directly to LN:cool:, cable 3 for return feed?

It looks like the faceplate requires 3 cables, so the Expander wouldn't work in this case would it?

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
If you have three cables then you should be fine, 1 diplexed/triplexed feed, 1 sat feed and a return to the loftbox (the second satellite feed doesn't go through the loftbox).