Sky automated message...again! LOL!

Tony1A

Never going back to Sky TV. Ever!
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1100S Freesat Recorder. Medion HD satellite box with Gibertini 1m motorised dish. Triax TD78 for Freesat. Triax TD64 for Freesat to 3 rooms. 2 Panasonic Freeview+ HD recorders.
My Location
North-East England, UK
HI ALL

This week I cancelled my DD again with Sky. On March 4th I paid up for my remaining time I have left with this organisation. They sent me ANOTHER e-mail saying they don't have any payment details and If I don't play ball sort of thing, they will suspend my service. REALLY? Even though I have paid in advance? Bring it on! Sky! You lot are unbelieveable and yes, I deleted the e-mail as I am treating it with the contempt it deserves. Whoops, there goes the neighbourhood! :)

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I have had trouble for three years now with a persistent firm who won't take "Our relationship is over" seriously. The first year I politely asked them to stop contacting me. The second year I returned correspondence marked "Deceased".

This year I returned the latest item marked "Deceased - ie DEAD".

Tony1A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1100S Freesat Recorder. Medion HD satellite box with Gibertini 1m motorised dish. Triax TD78 for Freesat. Triax TD64 for Freesat to 3 rooms. 2 Panasonic Freeview+ HD recorders.
My Location
North-East England, UK
Sky really need to get over themselves because once our "relationship" is over and the divorce is finalised, they will be the ones with a broken heart and I will have moved on! :-buttkick

william-1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
OP Gibertini 100 XP+ Inverto Black Ultra Lnb
Superior Dark Motor (160° max)
(50 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+Optima (A/B switch) Edision primo IP S2

Raven 88cm Mesh Dish + IBU Twin output
Stab100 H to H (120° max)
(53 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+ Ultra HD (A/B switch) Golden Interstar Alpha_X
My Location
Epping Forest Essex
I got rid of Sky over 7 years ago Motorised FreeSat is much better & you don't have to deal with any provider,

When I visit friends & relations that subscribe 90% of the time they are watching ITV & BBC when I try to explain that these channels are Free To Air & a twin tuner FreeSat box will save them a lot of money over 12 months the FreeSat box pays for it's self (What is the point of subscribing if you do not watch these channels ?)

Tony1A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North-East England, UK
I agree 100% with you, William. Sky are only chucking their toys out of the pram as I paid upfront and cancelled the DD and their computer system goes into meltdown when it can't find any payment details. Like I give a flying whatsit! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

And yes, look at all the channels you get FREE when you go scanning skies and you see movies for free on different channels, too.

davemurgtroyd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Oxford
First you have NOT actually cancelled your sub yet - you have merely given notice of cancellation.

Second you have broken the T's & C's of your contract (and hence they can legally suspend it) by removing the payment method. This is to pay for any PPVs etc you take whilst your sub is still valid.

Sorry you may not like to hear the above but it is the legal position under contract law. Cancelling a DD whilst a contract is still in force is the worst thing you can do.

Tony1A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North-East England, UK
OK! I know I have not actually cancelled my contract yet, and I have never used PPV services. But I have PAID UPFRONT so the DD is not needed any more. I have come to the opinion that they can do what what the hell they like as I am not bothered in the least. If they want to scream and shout, well, let them. I used to pay by cheque upfront anyway so what is the difference? Non at all.

davemurgtroyd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Oxford
Legally as you are now in breach of the contract you agreed to, they can suspend your account which would have the affect of revoking your cancellation - a suspended contract cannot be cancelled except by mutual agreement.

Tony1A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North-East England, UK
Well those swines have their bases covered. I was going to be charged an extra £3 for admin for a bit of paper to sent through my door so I have had to set up DD again. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:. Not happy! B******S!

davemurgtroyd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Oxford
Well those swines have their bases covered. I was going to be charged an extra £3 for admin for a bit of paper to sent through my door so I have had to set up DD again. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:. Not happy! B******S!
You really do need to read the T's & C's of contracts you agree to. I advised you previously that the valid payment must be in place until account is fully cancelled.