Sky+ box - can this be used with freeview card?

fmak

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.7m diah invacom 031 quad lnb pansonic 30 and Pace 460 boxes
My Location
Cyprus
Can a Sky+ box with freview and no telephone connection be used to record one channel and watch another?:):):)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No, unfortunately the record function will only work when enabled on a subscription card.

dxsat

Reaction score
Website
skyinmadrid.com
My Satellite Setup
Snap's setup: (In Spain) Humax HDR, Prodelin 1.8m dish + Invacom QDF-031 + CM feed, (In UK) CallFlow VDSL + EE 4G, Sky Q, YouView HD, Mac OSX, iOS
My Location
UK: Tonbridge, Kent. Spain: Madrid.
Yes this is possible, you will have to pay Sky £10 per month. The problem is to get the facility switched on.
See the thread on HD activation. The same rules apply to Sky+ as to HD.
It can be done without a phone connection.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Are you sure snap, didn't think they'd do anything with a freesat card.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Can you please enlarge on that.

As far as I am aware, if the member is using a Freesat card, he has no account with Sky, similarly with an expired card, so how can he pay them. Now if you're saying that he has to subscribe to do it, then that isn't answering the original poster's question.

iceman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.0m Motorised Channel Master + 4 fixed dish Amstrad_DRX890C
DM7020s,DM800se
UNOHM EP314 PROMAX TV Explorer
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
To my knowledge a minimum of £30 subscription is required to enable recording facility...
That means if you subscribe to entertainment Mix (£22 p/month) you are required to pay an extra £10 to have the this privilage..
Subs over £30 automatically get this right but SKY needs to be notified to enable the recording function..

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I believe that the £10 surcharge is being or has been removed for all packages Iceman, there is a thread about it here.

dxsat

Reaction score
Website
skyinmadrid.com
My Satellite Setup
Snap's setup: (In Spain) Humax HDR, Prodelin 1.8m dish + Invacom QDF-031 + CM feed, (In UK) CallFlow VDSL + EE 4G, Sky Q, YouView HD, Mac OSX, iOS
My Location
UK: Tonbridge, Kent. Spain: Madrid.
The rules were changed at the beginning of July. Sky announced the waiving of £10 surcharge, and also said (on Digital spy forum) that you can pay the £10 Sky+ recording facility charge if you don't subscribe to any Sky package.
This means you can have a two mix sub and Sky+ recording for £15/month.
If you're using an expired card that has been acquired from someone else that will be more difficult, it it's your own Freesat card there should be no problem. Contrary to some reports Sky are still selling Freesat cards for £20.
http://www.freesatfromsky.co.uk/?pID=1