Sky Box & Phone Line

trashmanlfc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
motorised dish not sure of decoder type has an x cam and i have sky tc
My Location
wigan, united kingdom
I have had a problem with my skybox phone line ever since it has been installed it tells me my phone line is connected but i can never dial out to access on-line services or order ppv movies or sports, this never bothered me in the past but now i have a way of getting ppv for free which worked fine for a while but now i keep getting a message telling me my viewing card has insufficient credit from some investigation i have been led to believe that when the digibox dials in each month the card is topped up with credit (i don't know if this is true) i have had sky engineers out and they have checked the line and tried 3 different digi boxes with no joy, i had telewest out to check the line with no joy has anyone else had this problem or has anyone any ideas how this can be fixed.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Free ppv? No such thing with Sky. It just uses up the available credit on your card. You pay when the card is cleared by the dialback.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
The card has a credit limit set (I think it's a bout £50) this allows you to order PPV when the box cannot dial out.

As you use this credit the box will try and dial S*y and report what you own, this amount is added to your bill and the card reset.

If the box cannot dial out then the card will stop working when the credit runs out - until the box can call S*y to bill you and re set the credit (that's what a lot of the scammers sell - a device that stops the box dialling.

The only way to get back working is to pay for the PPV you have used and get your card reset - as far as I understand.

trashmanlfc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
motorised dish not sure of decoder type has an x cam and i have sky tc
My Location
wigan, united kingdom
thank's you for your replies