Sky+ Cant reformat

huwdm

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Standard
My Location
Wales, UK
Hi, This is an excellent forum and I have looked through the advice.
My problem is that whilst watching Sky+ froze. I called sky and they ran me through the restart whilst holding backup to reload software.
No joy. I looked through the forums about reformatting.
Rebooted whilst holding left and right. Soon the green ring lit up but not the play light as mentioned in the instructions. I waited but it just say there occasionally flashing. After 5 mins i pressed select anyway. The stop light came on and then the box switched off. It is still stuck in standby but can here the disk. I guess a new disk is the next step but thought I would check for any opinions.
Thanks

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum huwdm

I don't have sky+ so am not able to answer your questions, I would however ask how long you have had the unit, if it is within the initial 12 month contract sky again and ask them for a replacement.

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
Hi mate welcome to the forum :)

you may have read this advice i gave another forum user...or you may have tries it.... if im repeating myself im sorry :)

Note: You will lose all recorded programmes from your Sky+ Planner.

Firstly, call Sky* tech support and they will talk you through performing a system restore over the phone.
If the problem persists, unplug the digibox from the mains power. Press and hold the 'left' and 'right' navigation buttons on the front of the digibox whilst you plug it back into the mains. Continue holding the buttons in for about 20 seconds, and when the ring of light on the front comes on, press the 'select' button on the front of the digibox (between the left and right buttons you were holding). The Sky+ recording logo lights will spin backwards and, according to the Sky engineer, this will "clear the hard drive".
Once this is done, unplug the digibox from the mains power again and this time press and hold the 'back up' button whilst you plug it back into the mains power. Continue holding it for about 15 seconds until 3 lights on the front of the box come on and you get a full-screen message saying "Updating system software. Do not disconnect mains supply or satellite dish."
Leave the digibox doing its thing for about 10 minutes and it should be fixed! Try pausing and recording things again... hopefully you've just saved yourself £65.
If you've not been so lucky, call Sky* again but remember that if they try to charge you for an engineer callout, just ask to cancel your subscription and they should offer you a free callout to fix the problem - you're more valuable to them as a paying customer than the cost of an engineer callout.

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
also try going into the secret engineers menu..

Services > 4 > 0 > 1 > Select

and choose houskeeping :)

another tip (the life of the hard drive can be doubled if you remember to turn it off)
alot of people leave the sky box on all the time... if you turn it to standby when you not using it, the hard drive spins down and the whole box gets a chance to cool off :)

skyoutUK

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8m, Lenson Heat 80cm triple feed 13° 19° & 28°, Triax TD110 with Jeager SuperJack, sky+ Pace v2, Panasonic TU-DSB20, Humax 5400, no name FTA and heap of old analogue receivers
My Location
right next to the big dish
Unfortunately I have joined the ranks of owners of fried sky+ boxes, recently I left my Pace v2 in live pause (disk was already more then 90% full) box froze all green circular lights were on and no picture on the screen I tried to unplug it and turn it back on but no luck it's stuck in standby permanently. I tried everything, holding left and right buttons holding back up to force software download (with and without HDD). I even low level formatted hard drive on the PC but nothing, its still stuck in standby it doesn’t even respond to remote (remote LED on the box doesn’t light up) only red on/off switch is on disk spins but there is no picture on the screen. I suspect my sky+ is ready for the bin but any ideas are welcome.