My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
Dreambox DM500
Sky Thomsom Digibox
StrongSat FTA Reciever
80cm Dish + 45cm Dish via Disecq A/B.
My Location
England
Hi, recently i got warning letter from sky saying i had to connect my phone line to my box or be charged full subs price on a multiuroom box.

I am using my sky card in my dreambox. If i leave the sky box connected to phoneline but without a card in it,will this suffice, or does the card have to be in it also?

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Unfortunately the card has to be in the box, but what you can do is a new installation with the card in the digibox once or twice a month, the box will call Sky and this may well satisfy them.

D4ftpunk

D4ftpunk

My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
Dreambox DM500
Sky Thomsom Digibox
StrongSat FTA Reciever
80cm Dish + 45cm Dish via Disecq A/B.
My Location
England
Ok, i had to do a new installation today when i re-enabled it,

does it have to be in the married sky box?

rolfw

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes it does.

M

meldrew

My Location
North West
Ah, but.....

Our multiroom sub is for our offspring who is only at home
during university holidays so the box can be turned off at the
mains. How will sky see this?

P S Sorry to go on about telephones but it really is a pain
considering S$y take £600 plus a year from me!

Meldrew

rolfw

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
If the box doesn't or can't phone home, then you will get a similar letter, they are simply protecting their business, if they didn't insist on the phone connection, everybody would be sharing mirror subscriptions with neighbours and relatives at discount.

S

_stu_

My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM7025 + 90cm Fibo Dish with Moteck SG2100A mod + Inverto White 0.3dB lnb + 55cm Philips Gregorian + Stab HH-120 + modded BGSat 0.3dB lnb
My Location
Worcs
rolfw said:
Unfortunately the card has to be in the box, but what you can do is a new installation with the card in the digibox once or twice a month, the box will call Sky and this may well satisfy them.
If it's possible to do a new installation every so often then that means it's a piece of piss to share a sky multiroom sub with a neighbour, colleague or family member living in the same area, so I would expect sky would get suspicious if they saw lots of new installations on a multiroom sub, or would require that the box calls back whenever they request it, and ignore new installation callbacks.