Sky Cards Being Changed.

koolclub

Reaction score
Website
www.nickpower.dj
My Location
Ayia Napa, Cyprus
Whats the word on Sky Cards being changed?
I heard a while ago that Sky were going to change every single card to their subscribers.
Whats the deal if anyone can help?
Are they going to do this? Why are they doing this? What will it entail? Would we have to reactivate new cards?

Any info or answers would be great.
Thanks.

Kool.:rolleyes:

zansi

Moderator & General Globetrotter
Reaction score
Website
digiboxes.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Openbox F3 85cm dish H to H motor, Dell Vostro Laptop
My Location
North West UK
The situation seems very unclear on this, To the best of my knowledge no new cards have been issued and sky are still sending out the original card to new subscribers.

It's a case of wait & see what happens! :confused

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I reckon that whatever changes they had made to the cards didn't work properly, or they have discovered another loophole that needs closing.

koolclub

Reaction score
Website
www.nickpower.dj
My Location
Ayia Napa, Cyprus
Still a bit unclear as to why they'd be sending new cards to every subscriber.
I cant see what loopholes they'll close just by changing a card.
Thanks anyway.
If you guys hear of any further developments please let me know.

Nick.:rolleyes:

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
They never gave any really detailed information Nick, apart from stating that it would aid increased functionality. I still personally believe that there will be added security features on the card and one of these will be to prevent the use of the 9 volt battery box office scam.

It may also be that perhaps they feel there are certain parties getting close to breaking the protection on the existing cards, even when they are eventually sent out, i don't believe that they will give a full explanation.