My Satellite Setup
DM7020 Screambox
MAC OSX & windowzz 98SE
Gemini
1664 on tap
My Location
13°E
Hi

I'm using an amstrad sly box and ftv card and I lost my signal on the digibox last night. When I did a signal test both the strength and the gain were zero. The dish is ok as I plugged in my FTA box and it works great.

Is it nackered or has something changed as I know ITV went to fta at the same time.

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
ITV decrypting (O happy day!) just means you can pull the viewing card out, and still get it. This shouldn't cause any other problems, so offhand, I'd say it's just a coincidence.

It should certainly not in any way make the received signal disappear (there's no cause and effect mechanism, whereby this could happen!).

Try the usual, ie briefly depowering box then repowering. If you're still getting nothing, do a "system test" (some internal checking), then you're looking at the cable connection to lnb, or has the dish moved, or is the lnb maybe broken?

(I think that's sound, others will "shout" if i've missed something obvious ...!).

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Then try someone elses working box in your house and see if that works,or yours in theirs etc.faulty tuner or power supply in amstrads is common.

whatsthis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020 Screambox
MAC OSX & windowzz 98SE
Gemini
1664 on tap
My Location
13°E
Thanks for your help

The problem has now progressed. So I've started a new thread.

whatsthis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020 Screambox
MAC OSX & windowzz 98SE
Gemini
1664 on tap
My Location
13°E
Hi

I'm having problems with my sky digibox and FTV card. Everything worked great until the other night when ITV changed to FTA. Now when I switch on the amstrad 400 box the green telephone light comes on and then the standby light goes red and nothing happens.
I've checked the dish and cable with another box it's ok. When I try the FTV card in my dreambox it doesn't work for CH4&5. So I think the card it disactivated.
As I live in France I can not plug in a phone line to check it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sounds like the box has had it, only thing to do is look in the dreambox section and get it working with the FTV card, or get yourself a new digibox.

whatsthis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020 Screambox
MAC OSX & windowzz 98SE
Gemini
1664 on tap
My Location
13°E
Thanks to you all for your replies - your right rolfw it does appear to be the box. I've got the SLY FTV card working on the DB.
I now have a panasonic 30 digibox and an amstrad digibox both nackered.

Can anyone recommend a good digibox that lasts longer than the efin viewing card.

Cupart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I have been using the Pace 430 box for a year and have never had any problems with it, other than the freezing picture once or twice. You can get them new and quite cheap from ebay. Good luck...

whatsthis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020 Screambox
MAC OSX & windowzz 98SE
Gemini
1664 on tap
My Location
13°E
Thanks cupart I'll take a look.

Tiggy

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
Hi Mate,
just a thought as no one has mentioned it-
have you tried to reset the skybox, with mine (one of the original Pace models) a hard reset generaly sorts out most things. I recently started using mine again (as you know after 7020 went belly-up again) and downloaded new stuff and noticed that the operating software had changed after many years.

I'm sure you know but on the Pace-
un plug
hold down "backup" button and repower
wait for onscreen message- "downloading blah blah 10 minutes etc"
release button
Have cuppa
turn on and (en Francaise) LOTO!!!

Regards,
Tiggy.

PS pls send me a PM of where you are in France, we may be close.
see my profile.
:eek: