Sky Digibox and skycard question..

marcaaron20

Dreaming Satellites
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD,
80cm Orbital Satellite Dish
Motorized
LNB with 2 outputs, 2nd output leading to upstairs and using Dreambox 500S.
Pioneer VSX-1018AH-K Amp/Receiver,
My Location
Stockton-on-Tees, Cleveland
My mate give me a Grundig SKY Digibox that he got from a neighbour of his as she was moving, the skycard was with it as well..

The problem is, when I go to the 'Add Channels' option it asks me for a PIN number, I tried entering the last 4 digits on the card as it says might work but no luck, i looked through the manual to see if its been written down and no luck either, so I asked my mate and he said he hasn't got a clue what it could be and he isn't in touch with the neighbour as she has moved..

What do I do??

I am wanting to just use this card as a free to air card and for adding foreign channels, if I phone sky up, I will need to subscribe to them for them to send another card, or pay for a freesat card (which I do not want to do)

hope someone can shed some light on this problem...

"SKY... Such tight A***s!!"

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If the original subscriber can't tell you, then you are stuffed, it is probably the last four digits of the original card, not the one in the box and only Sky can change it.

Can't think why you would need to enter the pin to add channels though.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Add Channels is locked out if the parental controls (which removes the mature content channels) are enabled to stop kids accessing the fta slappers channels up in the 900's via add channels :D

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
marcaaron20 said:
My mate give me a Grundig SKY Digibox that he got from a neighbour of his as she was moving, the skycard was with it as well..

The problem is, when I go to the 'Add Channels' option it asks me for a PIN number, I tried entering the last 4 digits on the card as it says might work but no luck, i looked through the manual to see if its been written down and no luck either, so I asked my mate and he said he hasn't got a clue what it could be and he isn't in touch with the neighbour as she has moved..

What do I do??

I am wanting to just use this card as a free to air card and for adding foreign channels, if I phone sky up, I will need to subscribe to them for them to send another card, or pay for a freesat card (which I do not want to do)

hope someone can shed some light on this problem...

"SKY... Such tight A***s!!"

There is a remote chance that 0000 might be the pin. i.e unset.

aba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
chaparral montery 40 fully loaded
ehcostar ad3600ipvia
3 dishes zone 2 / 1 mt motorized / 2.3 m motorized
My Location
nottingham
have you tryed removeing the card first then adding channels
the old ondiggy box worked the same way if pin was set you couldent do any thing with the box
take the card out and yes every thing was freed up so you can do what you wanted
im not saying that it will work with a sky box as ive never come acrosse this one but its worth a try