Sky Digibox fault

POCKETS

Reaction score
My cousin has a sky digibox which refuses to switch on all it does is show a blue screen on the tv ,it has a red light on the front but the green light will not come on.He rang sky who have qouted him £65 and he was wondering wether there were any experts out there who could diagnose this fault.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
We need a little more information about the box Pockets, what make, model etc.

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
POCKETS said:
...He rang sky who have qouted him £65...

If your cousin calls Sky and says he can’t afford £65 now so he will have to cancel his subscription Sky will most probably offer to send out a technician for free. If they start off by offering him one half price tell him to refuse and keep stressing that he can’t afford it.

POCKETS

Reaction score
rolfw said:
We need a little more information about the box Pockets, what make, model etc.
The make and model is Panasonic TU-DSB30
According to cousin the picture froze so he turned off to reboot and the receiver only shows the red light so he left it for a couple of days and tried it again and it came on for about an hour then froze again and now has refused to come out of standby.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well it is an old receiver and is probably on its last legs. He has a couple of options, Sky will probably replace it with a reconditioned model of similar age for £60 or so, he can send it off and get it repaired for a similar amount, or what a lot of people are doing in this situation, is taking the chance to upgrade to Sky+.