sky digibox on an lnb switch

D

digitalguy

hello

i would just like to ask all of you dose any one out there know if a sky digibox will work on an lnb switch i have two other receivers running of the one lnb switch and one is running from a loop throught on another receiver i would realy like some help and my thrid receiver in not geting a very good singal i can view the channels but it not very good at all i think i may have over loaded the lnb switch that is why i am asking this quesiton.

i realy hope some one can help me before i go out and buy one would this solve the problem and could i then run all three receivers at the same time

hope some one can help me

to any one who replys to this thank you very much for your help.
yours
digital guy:confused

i am very worred in case any think gose wrong.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
What is the switch in use

Sky boxes do not have additional protocol to allow switching by themselves, there should be a slave system, either interruptyion of power, or coded pulsing (DiSEqC) to operate correctly

D

digitalguy

Originally posted by Channel Hopper
What is the switch in use

Sky boxes do not have additional protocol to allow switching by themselves, there should be a slave system, either interruptyion of power, or coded pulsing (DiSEqC) to operate correctly

digitalguy

this dose not sound very good to me it looks like i will have to remove one receiver from it what do you think am i over loading the lnb switch i have right now this is in use i have problems with my set up all ready should have my new 80cm dish up in a few months if all goses to plan

can some please tell me if i am over loading the lnb switch

to add on to this i have just been checking the signal out when i use it from the receiver and loop it thought nothing is lost but when i use just the lnb switch i find i lose 7% of signal so well not thinking now but saying a receiver has got to come off which means it will not be used but three satellite receivers on 28.2 east and 28.5 east seems very daft to me well i may as well add sky plus on to this but that is running on it own so not counting that one so it makes four receivers just can not make my mind up what to do but before long i will.

what dose any one else think

thank you
yours
digital guy:(
not very happy about this set up at all

HELP

methos_de

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace Ver.3 SKY+ box
1,20m Dish
Quad Invacom 0, 3db LNB

P4 3,4 ghz
1024mb RAM
Geforce 256mb 6800 Ultra
My Location
Sunny old Bristol
Hi,

I don't know much/anything about switches etc. but if you're running three boxes off one dish wouldn't it be an idea to get a quad lnb ?
Methos.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
What switch ?

D

digitalguy

Originally posted by methos_de
Hi,

I don't know much/anything about switches etc. but if you're running three boxes off one dish wouldn't it be an idea to get a quad lnb ?
Methos.

digital guy

i am useing a 4 way lnb but only three holes are in use the fouth one is spare not going to bother doing any think to the dish as it soon will be changed for an 80 cm dish

yours
digital guy<@>

D

digitalguy

Originally posted by Channel Hopper
What switch ?

digital guy

the lnb switch that was in use was a sps1 smart priority switch made by gobal it has three lnb holes one for the main lnb and two for the receivers

hope that has answered your quesition

now to clear this all up i have taken a receiver of line and know longer in use got the sky digibox loop throught the gbsat receiver signal is back how it was but soon wiil be much better and should have no trouble at even it it rains hard.

thanks to both of you for your help
yours
digital guy)(-red