Sky digital 1 card 2 recievers

Joe_bloggs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HumaxF1C1, Trisat dish, Astra 19.2, Eutelsat 16, Hotbird.
My Location
United Kingdom
Is It possible to connect two sky digiboxes together and use the one card to decode channels? using a dual LNB or otherwise. I want to watch sky on two recievers without taking out a second subscription.

any help/advice appreciated
JOE

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 23-Mar-02 AT 11:28 AM (GMT) by zansi (moderator)]Certainly by installing a twin LNB you will be able to receive the full range of frequencies and polarities simultaneously on both receivers. The card will not work on all channels on the second receiver though, for it to do this it would need to be married to the unit.

For £12/month Sky will give you a second card with the same package as your first.

Rolf.

(Providing that they are BOTH connected to a active telephone line !) They do check and contact you if either box is disconnected.

zansi.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry Zansi, yes a very important point.

Rolf