Sky Digital card

HuSy

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get FTV cards or if there is some way of convincing sky to give me a new card and contract as I already have a sky digi box and decoder setup but the card that came with it has been deactivated as it is that old.

Thanks in advanced

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
$ly may decide to sell just the card for their "Freesat" service which they are going to launch in the Autumn althoujgh they haven't given this as an option.

Unless you can buy a card S/H you will have to wait and hope.

PaulR

zansi

Moderator & General Globetrotter
Reaction score
Website
digiboxes.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Openbox F3 85cm dish H to H motor, Dell Vostro Laptop
My Location
North West UK
HuSy said:
I already have a sky digi box and decoder setup but the card that came with it has been deactivated as it is that old.

Is the card the V2? ie. the dark blue card with the yellow house in the bottom LH corner? if it is leaving the card in the box, powered up for 24hrs should reactivate the card on the FTV channels. :)

HuSy

Reaction score
zansi said:
Is the card the V2? ie. the dark blue card with the yellow house in the bottom LH corner? if it is leaving the card in the box, powered up for 24hrs should reactivate the card on the FTV channels. :)

Unfortunatly not. So Iv opted for the other option and called sky's sales team and asked them to send a new card on a new contract, which is cheeper and easier than having someone install a new dish and box for no reason. I suppose at least now I'll get more channels too.