Sky Digital Dish

S

sf1698

Now this maybe a very 'newbie' post but i couldn't find an answer to my question anywhere else so here i go....

I have a sky digibox (Pace), and the dish that was installed at the time when i first received the system (which i have no clue about, but don't worry this thread gets better....).

My point of this post is the following: Is there any way of receiving any other channels that are not part of my subscription? (don't tell me you saw that coming right...! :D )
Also to acheive this do i need any other hardware and where do i get this from?

I will understand if this thread gets deleted just because of how lame it sounds, but please help out a newbie!!

thank you

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No lame questions sf1698, only lame answers. :)

You can receive a number of different channels by moving your dish round to another satellite, there are many, or you can put up a second dish and use a small manual switch to alternate between the two.

Only problem with the digibox, is that it really isn't designed to receive anything other than Sky, so the facilities are very limited for other satellite viewing and somewhat unreliable.

If you really want to expand your horizons, you could buy a free to air receiver and small dish package from someone like SatEuropa, for around £100 or so, then you don't stand the chance of causing problems with your Sky system.

S

sf1698

rolfw said:
No lame questions sf1698, only lame answers. :)

You can receive a number of different channels by moving your dish round to another satellite, there are many, or you can put up a second dish and use a small manual switch to alternate between the two.

Only problem with the digibox, is that it really isn't designed to receive anything other than Sky, so the facilities are very limited for other satellite viewing and somewhat unreliable.

If you really want to expand your horizons, you could buy a free to air receiver and small dish package from someone like SatEuropa, for around £100 or so, then you don't stand the chance of causing problems with your Sky system.

Thank you for your reply rolfw.
So is there any way that by using other hardware and software i would be able to watch some of the channels that cost a little bit more a month on the orignal subscription package, channels like film four for example?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Afraid not, there is no public hack for Sky, so you are stuck with either what you pay for, or what is free to air on that satellite.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
At that orbital slot, there is more than one satellite at 28 East

Try a search on Lyngsat for free to air channels from other countries. There are a few from Europe and some from the Far East (and of course the BBC FTA stuff)

As Rolf says the Sky box is the biggest limitation as it will not get the low symbol rate channels at the same position