C

compo

Please can you tell me what size dish would I need to pick up sky in Austria

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Compo, have a look at this thread, whilst there are no replies from Austria, there are a couple from Munich (2 hours drive from my favourite summer skiing, Hintertux). It would appear that a 90cm or 1 Metre dish will get you everything in that area, which is close to Innsbruck.

http://www.satellites.co.uk/scripts/webforum/DCForumID23/305.html

Rolf

markb

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
uh::no
Hi Compo,
Just had my sky dish installed in Vienna - using an 85cm dish with 2 lnb's to receive astra 1 and 2 (cant get ITV though). My cousin uses the normal sky minidish.

Mark

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Which one has the main focus Mark?

Rolf

markb

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
uh::no
Pretty sure the main focus is on 28.2. I don't think the installers had done it before as they was using some sort of analog meter that had a small tv installed. They originally locked onto hotbird and sat there for about 1 hour waiting for the digibox to start working.

It was only when I did a search on the transport stream that I realised what had happened (bit difficult trying to explain this when you dont speak German ). In the end I took the box and tv up to the roof and they just manually turned the dish around until the signal was at its best.

They then adjusted the other lnb for Astra 1, picture quality seemed to be fine. I did think that the main focus should of been on Astra 1 but as that feed is going to another flat I wasnt particulay bothered.

Mark

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 27-Jul-02 AT 07:45 AM (GMT)]Yes, the Astra 1 would normally be the prime and Astra 2 the secondary, but when in fringe areas (for 2D anyway) the Astra 2 would need to be the prime. Are both your strength and quality above 75 percent?

Rolf