Sky Digital in Cyprus

grandad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
4.2M static dish and 3M motorized dish
My Location
Northern Cyprus
Can any one help with information on Sky digital reception in northern Cyprus. I know it's possible cos I've been there and seen it, as they say. Direction, elevation and dish size would be very helpful for a start. The place I am moving to is just outside Kyrenia and I believe that three metre dish's are required. Any help and or advice would be much appreciated. :(

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
See this thread Grandad http://www.satellites.co.uk/scripts/webforum/DCForumID23/305.html , One of our members Koolclub is based in Eastern Cyprus with a 2.8 metre dish and I'm sure will offer any extra advice you need.

Rolf

grandad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Northern Cyprus
Thanks a lot Rolf, why didn't I think of that, put it down to my great age !!, I had a quick scan and found sources worth further investigation, which I will do at my leisure. Just wanted to express my appreciation with a short thank you.:)

grandad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Northern Cyprus
Hi RolfW
further to my request for information with regard to satellite reception in Northern Cyprus. I followed through on your advice, but unfortuneatly no reply to e-mails to Koolclub etc, I dont know if this is political, I hope not, I think that the whole island is beautiful North and South and hope sincerely that recent moves to resolve the problems will be sucessful.
Perhaps there aren't that many satellite users in that part of the world willing to share their experiences, anyway if anyone reads this and can help, please post a reply or e-mail me.
Thanks Grandad

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 20-Jul-02 AT 05:04 AM (GMT)]Hi Grandad,

Its the height of the season out there and I'm sure that anyone involved in the entertainment industry will be fairly heavily involved, so may take a while for any replies.

Not sure how many members we have in that part of the world, but from looking at some posts in newsgroups etc, a 2.8/3 metre dish would seem to be optimal.

Rolf

PS. For details on elevation and azimuth, download the Swedish Microwave calculator from http://www.smw.se You will require coordinates for the location as well http://www.heavens-above.com/countries.asp

DonOne

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Birmingham & Paphos-Cyprus
I have a 1.9 Metre Solid Dish (Yes only One point Nine metres !!)
Twin LNB (0.7db) feeding two apartments.
One with FTA BBC etc on Pace 2200 (refurbished) and the other currently running full Sky World on Amstrad DRX100 ( due to be changed soon). However the Amstrad gives a slightly better signal than the Pace :(

No 2D but some Channel 4 during the early evening - disappears at about 10pm BST. Most Sports Channels all day (on Southern Beams) and some Movies Channels. E4 is tuned seperately to the 28.5 Bird !!

No weather interference yet (only just installed and clear sky's nearly every day) :cool:

Don